Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: monitor daily file uploads
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting monitor daily file uploads Post 302093504 by Just Ice on Friday 20th of October 2006 12:06:02 AM
Old 10-20-2006
if running the check script on the local server, redirect the automated ftp messages to a log file and grep out the line "221-You have transferred 4859 bytes in 1 files." then process as appropriate ...

if running the check script on the remote server, have it check the receiving directory for the file after a scheduled ftp run and process as appropriate ...

good luck!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

vsftpd hiding partial uploads

Is there any mechanism within vsftpd to hide partially uploaded files, ie give them a hidden file name. Pro ftp has this option with the hidden stor option in the configuration file. If there is no such feature how do I go about requesting that the vsftpd developers create this option or is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhod22
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and check uploads

Hi, In suhosin php hardening patch there is an option of scanning uploaded files via php or web. upload verification_script ============================== * Type: String * Default: This defines the full path to a verification script for uploaded files. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor tmp folder for uploads

Hello, We have been having some issues with our users overwriting files, and then not having a backup. What I would love to do, is create a shell script to monitor /tmp, for uploads, and make a copy of the file they are trying to upload before the upload finishes. Is this possible at all? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrfr0g
6 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Blocking File Uploads with Squid

Dear All I want to block email attachments upload on internet through different mail servers. My requirement is that no user can send email attachments on yahoo, hotmail, gmail etc. I have RHEL-5 and squid 2.7. I have applied the undermentioned ACL but it in vain ACL is acl fileupload... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surfer24
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Daily grep on a log file

Hi, I would like to execute a daily grep like: grep 2010-09-06 statistics.log|grep API > /var/tmp/stat20100906_sp.txt On date e.g. 2010-09-07 run a grep on yesterday's date, from the result grep the word "API" put all in /var/tmp Would like to have a script configured in the crontab, running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointer
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Daily File Checks

Hello all, I'm sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I've used the search function and can't find the specifics of what I'm after. I am brand new to playing with linux, and ideally I want to get better to help the company that I now work for. What I want to do: Create a script that I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

UNIX script for daily file transfer ???

I need to create a script which needs to transfer the "<filename>+yyyymmdd".dat file from a unix machine to a linux machine.. daily. we can use an active batch to schedule the script. however, the script needs to detect if the new file is present, if present, then transfer. any help ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravikodi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send file from windows to UNIX daily?

Hi All! I am trying to write a little script that should go to a windows server get one file and put on a unix server, but I am not sure if it is the right way please help: #! /usr/bin/sh HOST=10.100.48.41 USER=ftp_hm PASSWD=P@$$w0rd ftp -n $HOST quote user $USER quote pass $PASSWD... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move file on a daily basis

Hi! Please I need help on the a script that would pick one file in a directory, change its name, them change its permissions, them move to a different directory, but has to be done on a daily basis, and the file that is being moved to its final destination has to have the following format:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)