Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: memory manufacturer command
Operating Systems Solaris memory manufacturer command Post 302093296 by hcclnoodles on Wednesday 18th of October 2006 11:50:14 AM
Old 10-18-2006
sorry found it, its "ipmitool fru"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Memory Command

Hello, What are the comparative command in solaris for checking the memory and produced the output as free -m does in linux. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 009satyendra
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Command to check memory size

Hi, I am looking for acoomand on HP where by i can see the CPU increasing for a given process ... I know i can see this from top/prstat .. But it will give for all the processes - I want something like say ps where i can call it from a shell script a few times and check if it is has increased... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nano2
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

' ps v PPID' command and real memory

hi Guys, Just wondering whether if I execute the ps v 1818740 and I get the below ouput what column should I use If I need to calculate how much real memory (private) is use by those process. Thanks. PID TTY STAT TIME PGIN SIZE RSS LIM TSIZ TRS %CPU %MEM COMMAND ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hariza
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Looking for psrinfo-like command for Memory Modules

I've been looking for, but unable to find, a command/utility that functions kind of like psrinfo but for memory modules. I have Solaris 8 and Solaris 10 boxes. The output of prtdiag in Solaris 8 does not provide the status info for the CPUs and Memory Modules like it does in Solaris 10. Maybe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vi-Curious
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does command for reading from memory exist?

Does exist in unix any command which could read data from any memory address or port and return result on screen? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxchemist
2 Replies

6. AIX

Command to fresh the memory !

Command to fresh the memory ! Some time during some load on the AIX system memory will get hang and will not respond for any new process. Can you please helper me with command to fresh the memory to avoid that hanging on the memory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find the Memory and CPU utilization using 'top' command

Hi all, I found like top command could be used to find the Memory and CPU utilization. But i want to know how to find the Memory and CPU utilization for a particular user using top command. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Ananthi.U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Manufacturer of OS in Solaris

need a command to specifically to check the manufacturer of the operating system for soalris machine....this doubt sounds silly but i am just looking for specific command which will give me the manufacturer for soalris. :) can we use uname -s as the manufacturer of the OS..i guess manufacturer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor

Hi All, Can someone let me know the method or set of commands by which i can retrive manufacturer name of computer system (hardware of machine ) and manufacturer of processor. i get below information when fired psrinfo command : psrinfo -vp The physical processor has 1 virtual processor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies
LIBFREEIPMI(3)							    LIBFREEIPMI 						    LIBFREEIPMI(3)

NAME
libfreeipmi - FreeIPMI library Introduction Libfreeipmi is the primary library that most of the FreeIPMI tools are based upon. The following describe the sub-sections of the library. api The highest level API provided by libfreeipmi. It abstracts away the details of inband and outofband protocols from the user. It also provides useful error codes for the user to easily interpret IPMI problems. 'api' is used by most FreeIPMI tools and libraries, such as bmc-info(8), ipmi-sensors(8), and libipmimonitoring(3). cmds Provides fiid templates and 'fill' functions for IPMI commands. Also provides macros definining common parameters for IPMI commands. The cmds are used by most other portions of libfreeipmi including the 'api' sub-section and tools such as ipmipower(8) and ipmicon- sole(8). debug Provides various packet/record dumping utility functions. Utilized by the 'api' subsection and by tools such as ipmipower(8) and ipmiconsole(8). driver Provides APIs for in-band IPMI communication. Currently supported drivers are KCS, SSIF, and OpenIPMI. The 'driver' subsction is used by tools such as bmc-watchdog(8) and the 'api' sub-section. fiid The "FreeIPMI Interface Definition" provides an API used for the construction/deconstruction of packets in libfreeipmi. The API works around fiid-templates, which are then used to create fiid-objects. Fiid-templates are used to describe packets through a string-name to bit-field mapping. The API allows users to read/write fields in an object using the string to bit-field mapping. Mar- shalling, packing, endian, and various other network issues are handled within 'fiid'. Fiid objects are used throughout libfreeipmi, including the 'api' sub-section, 'cmds' sub-sections, and various tools. fru-parse Provides an API for parsing Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) records. Utilized by tools such as ipmi-fru(8). interface Provides 'assemble' and 'disassemble' functions for building packets for individual in-band or out-of-band protocols. Also provides all necessary fiid templates, 'fill' functions, and other utility functions necessary to communicate on an IPMI interface. Utilized by the 'api' sub-section and tools such as ipmipower(8) and ipmiconsole(8). interpret Provides an API for interpreting sensor events by mapping them into Nominal, Warning, or Critical states. Utilized by FreeIPMI tools and libraries such as ipmi-sensors(8) and libipmimonitoring(3). locate Provides an API to probe several standards to find default values for in-band IPMI communication. Utilized by the 'api' sub-section and the ipmi-locate(8) tool. record-format Provides macros, fiid-templates, and information on records used in IPMI. Utilized by the 'sdr-cache' subsection and tools like ipmi-sensors(8). sdr-cache Provides an API for creating, caching, reading, and parsing a sensor data repository (SDR). Utilized by tools such as ipmi-fru(8) and ipmi-sensors(8). sdr-parse Provides an API for parsing SDR records. Utilized by tools such as ipmi-fru(8) and ipmi-sensors(8) sel-parse Provides an API for reading and parsing System Event Log (SEL) entries. Utilized by tools such as ipmi-sel(8). sensor-read Provides an API for reading a sensor. Utilized by tools such as ipmi-sensors(8). spec Provides macros and arrays for various other definitions and tables in IPMI. Utilized by tools such as ipmi-sensors(8). util Provides various utility functions for the calculation of keys, sensor readings, etc. Utilized by most of the rest of FreeIPMI. FILES
/usr/include/freeipmi.h /usr/include/freeipmi/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2012 FreeIPMI Core Team. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SEE ALSO
libipmiconsole(3), libipmidetect(3), libipmimonitoring(3), freeipmi(7), bmc-config(8), bmc-info(8), bmc-watchdog(8), ipmi-chassis(8), ipmi- fru(8), ipmi-locate(8), ipmi-oem(8), ipmi-raw(8), ipmi-sel(8), ipmi-sensors(8), ipmi-sensors-config(8), ipmiconsole(8), ipmidetect(8), ipmiping(8), ipmipower(8), ipmi-pef-config(8), rmcpping(8) http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/ libfreeipmi 1.1.5 @ISODATE LIBFREEIPMI(3)