Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace a Directory path with another in a file Post 302093147 by venkatajay_18 on Tuesday 17th of October 2006 03:39:33 PM
Old 10-17-2006
Replace a Directory path with another in a file

Hi,

I have abt 20-30 scripts using a directory structure. I have to replace a directory structure in a file for example "/i01/proc" with "/dwftp/scripts" using sed.

The command :-

cat filename | sed 's/"i01/proc"/"dwftp/scripts"'

is not working.

Can someone help me in this regard?

Thanks and Regards
Ajay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace path in a file with dot

Hi, I have a file with below values. /uvxapps/etl/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/dsenv.orig /uvxapps/etl/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/dsenv /uvxapps/etl/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/sample/.cshrc /uvxapps/etl/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/sample/.login... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: njoshi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

serach and replace file name in the path in a remote xml file

hi every one , here is my problem !! i have to run my script from an account and update the result in a xml file located on a different account. i use existing ssh keys to do it remotely for example the tags looks like this <PropertyValueList... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranreddy1215
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract directory from a file path

Im trying to extract a directory from a path entered by the user Lets say the path is path=/home/bliss/files/myfile.txt i wanna extract "/home/bliss/files" from $path ... how can i do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrudula009
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace string from file which contains variable and path - SH

e.g. /home/$USER/.config replace it with "" (empty) Is this possible? I think you should play a bit with sharps ## and sed:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search/replace a directory path in a file using perl

Hello All, Here is what I am trying to do and maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. I have a file that contains the following string(s): WARNING: </d1/test/program1> did not find item1 WARNING: </d1/test/program1> item1 does not exist WARNING: </d1/test/program2> item1 failed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxshop
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match a path anywhere in the line and replace it with new path

I want to pattern match only path part from below and replace them with new path string. LoadModule jk_module /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/modules/mod_jk.so JkWorkersFile /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/config/OHS/ohs1/workers.properties JkLogFile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

A file or directory in the path does not exist

I'm brand new to AIX and I looked up how to print this file and it was working but now I'm not able to do it all of a sudden. the file name is rom1.txt so this is what i wrote in the command line and I know I'm in the right directory. In bold is what I seem to be messing up with. prod @ root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark0Prince
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh?

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TestKing
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLMODULES(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLMODULES(1)

NAME
dh_installmodules - register kernel modules SYNOPSIS
dh_installmodules [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--name=name] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmodules is a debhelper program that is responsible for registering kernel modules. Kernel modules are searched for in the package build directory and if found, preinst, postinst and postrm commands are automatically generated to run depmod and register the modules when the package is installed. These commands are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb(1). FILES
debian/package.modprobe Installed to etc/modprobe.d/package.conf in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify preinst/postinst/postrm scripts. --name=name When this parameter is used, dh_installmodules looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.modprobe instead of the usual debian/package.modprobe NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMODULES(1)