Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need to create a file with its name having system date Post 302093036 by hamsa on Tuesday 17th of October 2006 02:18:51 AM
Old 10-17-2006
need to create a file with its name having system date

Hi,

Iam new to unix . I need to write a scritp which can create a file having sysdate as a part of it.and i also need to delete file which is created five days before in a directory.pls Help me out

thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file date vs. system date

Hey all, I know there was a post on here at one point about how to get file properties such as create time and such, but I've searched high and low without success. What I need to do is create a script that runs daily that will expire or remove files that are older than 1 month, or possibly a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
8 Replies

2. SCO

create a new file system

I have just installed 5.0.7 of openserver and forgot to create a /u filesystem. I have a root filesystem that takes up most of the hard disc space and I want to reduce the size of that and create a /u. I have tried divvy amd mkdev fs but to no avail. Could somebody give me some idea as to how I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rongrout
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a new file system

Is there any URL or procedure to create a new file system on solaris 8/9/10.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintedwindow
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create file.txt and add current date in file content

Hey guy, how to make bash script to create foo.txt file and add current date into file content and that file always append. example: today the script run and add today date into content foo.txt and tomorrow the script will run and add tomorrow date in content foo.txt without remove today... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenboly
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For create file system.

How many ways and how we can create unix file system in sun solaris? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anupdas
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a row from a file if one column containing a date is greater than the current system date

Hello gurus, I am hoping someone can help me with the required code/script to make this work. I have the following file with records starting at line 4: NETW~US60~000000000013220694~002~~IT~USD~2.24~20110201~99991231~01~01~20101104~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Date in the file with Create date and timestamp

Hello, I have files that with a naming convention as shown below. Some of the files have dates in the file name and some of them don't have dates in the file name. imap-hp-import-20150917.txt imap-dell-gec-import-20150901.txt imap-cvs-import-20150915.txt imap-gec-import.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the system date with date from a text file

I get the date that's inside a text file and assigned it to a variable. When I grep the date from the file, I get this, Not After : Jul 28 14:09:57 2017 GMT So I only crop out the date, with this command echo $dateFile | cut -d ':' -f 2,4The result would be Jul 28 14:57 2017 GMT How do I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loc
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare date in .txt with system date and remove if it's lesser than system date

Can someone help me with the code wherein there is a file f1.txt with different column and 34 column have expiry date and I need to get that and compare with system date and if expiry date is <system date remove those rows and other rows should be moved to new file f2.txt . I don't want to delete... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stuti
2 Replies

10. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Compare date in .txt with system date and remove if it's lesser than system date

I m working on shell scripting and I m stuck where in my .txt file there is column as expiry date and I need to compare that date with system date and need to remove all the rows where expiry date is less than system date and create a new .txt with update. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stuti
1 Replies
ICECREAM(1)							     icecream							       ICECREAM(1)

NAME
icecream - download icecast and shoutcast streams, redirecting all fetched content to stdout and/or to disk at the same time SYNOPSIS
icecream [OPTIONS] URL [URL..] DESCRIPTION
icecream is a lightweight, non-interactive, stream download utility. It connects to icecast and shoutcast servers or direct stream URLs, and redirects all fetched content to stdout and/or to media files on your disk. Listen to the stream piping the output to a stdin-capable media player. Save the stream to a named file or split it into different tracks. It is possible to redirect the stream and save it to disk at the same time. icecream is able to parse pls and m3u playlists, and to download mp3 and ogg direct stream URLs. If the stream is anonymous it will be saved as 'stream-time.mp3', where time is actual timestamp. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a help message describing all options -q, --quiet Turn off output -v, --verbose Be verbose -t, --tracks Split stream into tracks (if possible) --name=NAME Save the stream to file specified by NAME. Format codes starting with "%" will be replaced. See the date command for valid format codes. --stop=N[units] Stop downloading the stream after N kb/mb/min/songs --user-agent=AGENT Set user-agent header to AGENT --stdout Output stream to stdout (implies -q) --sync Turn syncing on, required for some mpeg players that read from stdin --debug Turn on debugging outputs EXAMPLES
Streaming to mpg123 icecream --stdout http://radio.com/playlist.pls | mpg123 - Split stream into different tracks icecream -t http://metal.org/radio.pls Split stream into tracks and play with vlc at the same time icecream -t --stdout http://streaming.com/playlist.pls | vlc file:/dev/stdin Prepare a 74 minute CD icecream -t --stop 74min http://trace.net/playlist.m3u Use a filename with today's date as output icecream -q --name 'radio_%Y_%m_%d' --stop 60min http://radio.com/playlist.pls BUGS
You are welcome to send bug reports about icecream to our mailing list. Feel free to visit http://icecream.sourceforge.net AUTHOR
Written by Gil Megidish <gil at megidish.net> 1.3 2008-04-28 ICECREAM(1)