Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Veritas Backup Agent on SCO problem Post 302093017 by Yorgy on Monday 16th of October 2006 09:52:34 PM
Old 10-16-2006
Question Veritas Backup Agent on SCO problem

Hello All,

We have Veritas Backup Exec on a Windows 2003 OS and trying to setup the Ralus agent on SCO to perform regular backups of our Unixware system; but for some reason after "I believe" installing the agent on SCO; and launching it using the 'agent.be" command I receive a syntax error "getsrvbyname failed!"

There is a service grfs 6101/tcp entered in my services file and pointing to the server host name in the hosts file but still no avail... Smilie Smilie

Any ideas? Can someone please help? Smilie

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Exec agent won't start... PLEASE HELP!

Backup Exec Agent won't start.... Question: Has anyone had any previous experience working with Backup exec for Unix? I'm running SCO Openserver 5.0.5 and Backup Exec agent Version 5.01 Revision 5.032 Basically, these are the commands I'm issueing and here is the output. # cd etc # cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PatMcCoy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

./agent for Backup Exec

Does anyone know how to run " ./agent.be & " in the background? I need to keep it running so that Backup Exec can see it. When I log out as root is shuts down the agent. This just started happening after I upgraded my Veritas drivers on my Windows 2000 server. That is my backup server. Hope... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jback
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Veritas DataBase Backup

hi , we have a monthly policy for database backups . the database is a huge one about 200 GB in size and every month , we shut down the database and take a full system backup . my question is : Is there a way to know that i have taken a valid backup, I need to do something like a test restore... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Backup Problem (bad Sblock Magic Number)

Hi guys, First I have to say that I'm not Unix expert, I just have medium level experince in Unix scripting and some knowledge with a little of hands on experience of unix administration (Solaris only). I have my plans to move ahead in that field but this is a different story. I have a client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolarisProToBe
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Backup Exec Agent Error

Hello, When launching a recently installed UNIX agent for my Veritas backup exec server I receive "getservbyname (grfs, tcp) failed!" I have checked to make sure the service exists under port 6101 and its there. I also removed and recreated the service but still no go. :confused: :confused:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: George26
2 Replies

6. SCO

Veritas Unix Backup Agent won't start

I have 3 SCO 5.0.5 machines. Two are running the /etc/bkupexec/agent.be just fine but the 3rd fails with a NRL initialization error. It can't seem to find the backup server in the /etc/hosts file. The entry is in the /etc/hosts file. The perms are set correctly on /etc /etc/bkupexec... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnpaul
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas Netbackup Agent Running

I was facing problems in taking backup of a windows server for quiet a long time.i have again reinstall the client software to get rid of this. my question : how to check the agent (netbackup) is running on client side or not?? how to check???? bcoz reinstalltion is not a good solution .:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

anyone know if backup exec 11d agent run on solaris10 x86?

anyone ? i install and it just fail to startup. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kakabobo
0 Replies

9. AIX

Help me install Backup Exec (formerlly owned by Veritas) agent on AIX machine :(

Hi all. I hope someone could give me a hand on installing Backup Exec agent on AIX machine :( Agent: OS: AIX 5.3 Hostname: DB-HN-SRV02 IP: 10.1.4.64 Backup server: OS: Windows Server 2003 Hostname: backup-srv IP: 10.1.5.51 I download "Legacy Unix agent.tar", untar, then run file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
0 Replies

10. BSD

Backup Exec Agent for Unix

Hi I'd like to backup my freeBSD 7.0 using Backup Exec 12.0 Where to download the Backup Exec Agent for Linux/Unix? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
4 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id -- use locally available keys to authorise logins on a remote machine SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-f] [-n] [-i [identity_file]] [-p port] [-o ssh_option] [user@]hostname ssh-copy-id -h | -? DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh(1) to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities). It assembles a list of one or more fingerprints (as described below) and tries to log in with each key, to see if any of them are already installed (of course, if you are not using ssh-agent(1) this may result in you being repeatedly prompted for pass-phrases). It then assembles a list of those that failed to log in, and using ssh, enables logins with those keys on the remote server. By default it adds the keys by appending them to the remote user's ~/.ssh/authorized_keys (creating the file, and directory, if necessary). It is also capable of detecting if the remote system is a NetScreen, and using its 'set ssh pka-dsa key ...' command instead. The options are as follows: -i identity_file Use only the key(s) contained in identity_file (rather than looking for identities via ssh-add(1) or in the default_ID_file). If the filename does not end in .pub this is added. If the filename is omitted, the default_ID_file is used. Note that this can be used to ensure that the keys copied have the comment one prefers and/or extra options applied, by ensuring that the key file has these set as preferred before the copy is attempted. -f Forced mode: doesn't check if the keys are present on the remote server. This means that it does not need the private key. Of course, this can result in more than one copy of the key being installed on the remote system. -n do a dry-run. Instead of installing keys on the remote system simply prints the key(s) that would have been installed. -h, -? Print Usage summary -p port, -o ssh_option These two options are simply passed through untouched, along with their argument, to allow one to set the port or other ssh(1) options, respectively. Rather than specifying these as command line options, it is often better to use (per-host) settings in ssh(1)'s configuration file: ssh_config(5). Default behaviour without -i, is to check if 'ssh-add -L' provides any output, and if so those keys are used. Note that this results in the comment on the key being the filename that was given to ssh-add(1) when the key was loaded into your ssh-agent(1) rather than the comment contained in that file, which is a bit of a shame. Otherwise, if ssh-add(1) provides no keys contents of the default_ID_file will be used. The default_ID_file is the most recent file that matches: ~/.ssh/id*.pub, (excluding those that match ~/.ssh/*-cert.pub) so if you create a key that is not the one you want ssh-copy-id to use, just use touch(1) on your preferred key's .pub file to reinstate it as the most recent. EXAMPLES
If you have already installed keys from one system on a lot of remote hosts, and you then create a new key, on a new client machine, say, it can be difficult to keep track of which systems on which you've installed the new key. One way of dealing with this is to load both the new key and old key(s) into your ssh-agent(1). Load the new key first, without the -c option, then load one or more old keys into the agent, possibly by ssh-ing to the client machine that has that old key, using the -A option to allow agent forwarding: user@newclient$ ssh-add user@newclient$ ssh -A old.client user@oldl$ ssh-add -c ... prompt for pass-phrase ... user@old$ logoff user@newclient$ ssh someserver now, if the new key is installed on the server, you'll be allowed in unprompted, whereas if you only have the old key(s) enabled, you'll be asked for confirmation, which is your cue to log back out and run user@newclient$ ssh-copy-id -i someserver The reason you might want to specify the -i option in this case is to ensure that the comment on the installed key is the one from the .pub file, rather than just the filename that was loaded into you agent. It also ensures that only the id you intended is installed, rather than all the keys that you have in your ssh-agent(1). Of course, you can specify another id, or use the contents of the ssh-agent(1) as you pre- fer. Having mentioned ssh-add(1)'s -c option, you might consider using this whenever using agent forwarding to avoid your key being hijacked, but it is much better to instead use ssh(1)'s ProxyCommand and -W option, to bounce through remote servers while always doing direct end-to-end authentication. This way the middle hop(s) don't get access to your ssh-agent(1). A web search for 'ssh proxycommand nc' should prove enlightening (N.B. the modern approach is to use the -W option, rather than nc(1)). SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) BSD
June 17, 2010 BSD