Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Help... LP scheduler problem... Post 302092875 by Andrek on Thursday 12th of October 2006 08:16:51 PM
Old 10-12-2006
Hi I havn't encountered this problem before but do a quick check to see the number of lpsched deamos running...

ps -ef |grep lpsch

you should get one started at boot time (PPID=1) while the others witha PPIS equal to the Child PID of the first one...

You may have two lpschedulers running under PID 1?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scheduler in Solaris

I am using Sun Solaris Where I can find scheduler program that can run another program automatically on scheduled time? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wadiachmed
1 Replies

2. Solaris

About Control-M Scheduler

Hi all, Is anybody have any idea on Control-M schedular(bmcsoftware product) on Solaris/UNIX environment.If yes,can you please help me how to set it up and schedule a job. Please!!! it's Urgent!!! Regards, Uday (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scheduler program

Hi, what i need to do is build my own scheduler program. I am supposed to display my own prompt. at this prompt i accept a command in the following format. ls -l start 0:0:10:10 period 10 end 0:0:0:10 now this command should be executed in the background starting at 10 mins and 10 secs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p_aishwarya
2 Replies

4. Solaris

CRON Scheduler

I have akorn shell job that I can run manually but when I run via cron it starts and finishes, but does not do what it does when I run it manually. Any ideals on why this is happening? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAGIRL
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux scheduler....

HI could you comment on my small doubts below 1. which type of sheduler is used inb linux?? is it round robin or multi queue priority based round robin ??? 2. Which process has the PID 0 ?? if it is sheduler process then how to convinience myself?? i mean how to see on the system...?? is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_b025
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scheduler Script

Hi, My requirement is i want to send mails from server to all my employess with one attachment file for every monday and friday like scheduler.. how it is possible through bash script. please guide me.. With Regards Anish Kumar.V (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
8 Replies

7. Linux

Playing with the Linux Scheduler

Hi, To begin with let me explain my system and then I will come to the problem. System: My program forks 2 child processes. These child processes further start 2 user level threads (pthreads) and 2 kernel level threads (kthread). All these threads issue various system calls. I am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demigod85
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Playing with the Linux Scheduler

Hi, To begin with let me explain my system and then I will come to the problem. System: My program forks 2 child processes. These child processes further start 2 user level threads (pthreads) and 2 kernel level threads (kthread). All these threads issue various system calls. I am using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: demigod85
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab job scheduler problem

Dear All. I have a scripts which does many task like house keeping, moving file to different location and loading the data into oracle. I run this scripts daliy manually , I decided to put it into cron. I have put the scripts into crantab but the behaviour of the scripts have changed. it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
2 Replies
PIDFILE(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						PIDFILE(3)

NAME
pidfile_open, pidfile_write, pidfile_close, pidfile_remove -- library for PID files handling LIBRARY
Utility functions from BSD systems (libbsd, -lbsd) SYNOPSIS
#include <bsd/libutil.h> struct pidfh * pidfile_open(const char *path, mode_t mode, pid_t *pidptr); int pidfile_write(struct pidfh *pfh); int pidfile_close(struct pidfh *pfh); int pidfile_remove(struct pidfh *pfh); DESCRIPTION
The pidfile family of functions allows daemons to handle PID files. It uses flopen(3) to lock a pidfile and detect already running daemons. The pidfile_open() function opens (or creates) a file specified by the path argument and locks it. If a file can not be locked, a PID of an already running daemon is returned in the pidptr argument (if it is not NULL). The function does not write process' PID into the file here, so it can be used before fork()ing and exit with a proper error message when needed. If the path argument is NULL, /var/run/<progname>.pid file will be used. The pidfile_write() function writes process' PID into a previously opened file. The pidfile_close() function closes a pidfile. It should be used after daemon fork()s to start a child process. The pidfile_remove() function closes and removes a pidfile. RETURN VALUES
The pidfile_open() function returns a valid pointer to a pidfh structure on success, or NULL if an error occurs. If an error occurs, errno will be set. The pidfile_write(), pidfile_close(), and pidfile_remove() functions return the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. EXAMPLES
The following example shows in which order these functions should be used. Note that it is safe to pass NULL to pidfile_write(), pidfile_remove() and pidfile_close() functions. struct pidfh *pfh; pid_t otherpid, childpid; pfh = pidfile_open("/var/run/daemon.pid", 0600, &otherpid); if (pfh == NULL) { if (errno == EEXIST) { errx(EXIT_FAILURE, "Daemon already running, pid: %jd.", (intmax_t)otherpid); } /* If we cannot create pidfile from other reasons, only warn. */ warn("Cannot open or create pidfile"); } if (daemon(0, 0) == -1) { warn("Cannot daemonize"); pidfile_remove(pfh); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } pidfile_write(pfh); for (;;) { /* Do work. */ childpid = fork(); switch (childpid) { case -1: syslog(LOG_ERR, "Cannot fork(): %s.", strerror(errno)); break; case 0: pidfile_close(pfh); /* Do child work. */ break; default: syslog(LOG_INFO, "Child %jd started.", (intmax_t)childpid); break; } } pidfile_remove(pfh); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); ERRORS
The pidfile_open() function will fail if: [EEXIST] Some process already holds the lock on the given pidfile, meaning that a daemon is already running. [ENAMETOOLONG] Specified pidfile's name is too long. [EINVAL] Some process already holds the lock on the given pidfile, but PID read from there is invalid. [EAGAIN] Some process already holds the lock on the given pidfile, but the file is truncated. Most likely, the existing daemon is writing new PID into the file. The pidfile_open() function may also fail and set errno for any errors specified for the fstat(2), open(2), and read(2) calls. The pidfile_write() function will fail if: [EINVAL] Improper function use. Probably called before pidfile_open(). The pidfile_write() function may also fail and set errno for any errors specified for the fstat(2), ftruncate(2), and write(2) calls. The pidfile_close() function may fail and set errno for any errors specified for the close(2) and fstat(2) calls. The pidfile_remove() function will fail if: [EINVAL] Improper function use. Probably called not from the process which made pidfile_write(). The pidfile_remove() function may also fail and set errno for any errors specified for the close(2), fstat(2), write(2), and unlink(2) system calls and the flopen(3) library function. SEE ALSO
open(2), daemon(3), flopen(3) AUTHORS
The pidfile functionality is based on ideas from John-Mark Gurney <jmg@FreeBSD.org>. The code and manual page was written by Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 20, 2008 BSD