Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems with grep and XML
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems with grep and XML Post 302092871 by Corona688 on Thursday 12th of October 2006 07:25:31 PM
Old 10-12-2006
My wild guess would be that XML Spy is saving them in something crazy like 16-bit Unicode.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems with grep on solaris 5.8

Hi all, I have a problem when i grep for a particular field among all fhe files in the directory. if i do an ls -l field * i can find it. however at the moment the number of files in the directory are close to 28000 and it returns an ksh: /usr/bin/grep: arg list too long Assuming i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manualvin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep xml tags

Hi I want to get the value between to XML tags as follows <EAN>12345</EAN> so i would want to return 12345. i have tried sed and awk but can't do it. can anyone help? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep XML tags

I want to search the below XML pattern in the XML files, but the XML files would be in a .GZ files, <PRODID>LCTO84876</PRODID> <PARTNUMBER>8872AC1</PARTNUMBER> <WWPRODID>MODEL84876</WWPRODID> <COUNTRY>US</COUNTRY> <LANGUAGE>1</LANGUAGE> What's the command/script to search it ? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravvij
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in Usage of grep

Hi all, I have a file resp_cde.ats which has values as:- APPDIR=C:\Program Files\Cogny\cert PUBSDIR=C:\Program Files\Cognoy\cert\documentation TOURDIR=C:\Program Files\Cognoy\cert\tour DATADIR=C:\Program Files\Cognoy\cert\data Now I use the grep command in a shell script:- x=`grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasrout
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep/Parse a .xml file

I have a .xml file similar to the following: <Column> <Name>FIELD1</Name> <Title>CO.</Title> </Column> <Column> <Name>FIELD2</Name> <EditField>TextBox</EditField> <ColumnSpan0>4</ColumnSpan0> <Title>NORMAL</Title> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GREP for a tag in XML File

I have 2 XML Data files with a tag named PARTICIPATION_TYPE and i am trying to grep for that and getting unique values. However one of the xml data file data is not aligned properly like below. File 1: (works fine when i do grep) grep "PARTICIPATION_TYPE" file1.xml | sort -u Data: ....... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep content in xml file

I have an xml file with header as below. <Provider xmlns="http://www.xyzx.gov/xyz" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.xyzx.gov/xyz xyz.xsd" SCHEMA_VERSION="2.5" PROVIDER="5"> I want to get the schema version here that is 2.5 and put in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep some values from XML file

Dear community, I have a big XML log file containing several rows splitted by tag: <ActivityLogRecord> and </ActivityLogRecord>. An example below. What I need is read the file and extract some value from each tags and put them into one line (each line for every <ActivityLogRecord> tag). So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep for a word in xml?

Hi, I have the below tag/s in my xml. <foreign-server name="MOHTASHIM_SERVER"> What will be the easist way to extract MOHTASHIM_SERVER without the double quotes "" from the above tag? Desired Output: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to fetch the value from a xml using sed, GREP?

I have a simple xml file,need the output with the <value> tag and <result> tag text.xml <test-method status="FAIL" duration="45"> <value> Id=C18 </value> <result> wrong paramter </result> </test-method> <test-method status="FAIL" duration="45"> <value> Id=C19 </value> <result> Data... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevAakash
5 Replies
SPECTOOLS(1)						      General Commands Manual						      SPECTOOLS(1)

NAME
spectool_raw -- Utility for developing other tools using the Wi-Spy SYNOPSIS
spectool_raw [-n network server] [-b] DESCRIPTION
spectool_raw is a simple tool which extracts data from the Wi-Spy device. It can be used to create other tools or scripts. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h --help Show summary of options. -n tcp://host:port --net tcp://host:port Connect to network server instead of local USB devices. -b --broadcast Listen for (and connect to) broadcast servers instead of using local USB devices. SEE ALSO
spectool_gtk (1), spectool_curses (1), spectool_net (1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Francois Marier <francois@debian.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 any later version pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. SPECTOOLS(1)