Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to attach a file & send mail thru script Post 302092585 by Ygor on Tuesday 10th of October 2006 09:41:27 PM
Old 10-10-2006
Read the FAQ

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to attach a file in mail?

Hi, I want to know how to send a mail in unix using mailx or mail or sendmail to send a mail with a file attached. I have read the answers from the other threads but I still don't understand. I want to do it in the command line as well as in script. Can anyone help? DO I need to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to attach a txt file while sending mail

Hi, I need to attach a txt file while sending mail thru Unix. Please help me out in this.. -Charan. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to find a file and send a mail

I need a shell script which checks for a file in a particuler folder and should send me a mail if the file of that name is present. Please help me on this.I am new to shell scripting. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script which can send file to diffrent mail ids.

Hi i am looking for the script which can send file to different mailids, please halp me out. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file in Linux mail command

How to attach a file in Linux mail command Hi Guys, Is there any way to attach a file in Linux mail command without using "uuencode"? i.e. Code: file=/a/b/c/d/file.txtmail -s "Giga aks" abc@123.com <<HDoc`uuencode $file $file 2>/dev/null`HDoc Here, I don;t want to use 'uuencode'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to attach file to mail

Hello, I have a .dat file containing one line. I need a script to read that line and make it part of the body and send a mail... Let's say the line is $line. I need the script to send a mail with the body "The last disposal feed is $line". Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfetea
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach multiple file to send mail command

Hi, i want color effect on mail as well as multiple attachment.I have code but this code is used for single attachment. I am unable to attach more than one file.:wall: I want to send two attachments -ahmed.csv and ahmed1.csv . Sample content: <html> <body> <b> Hi...</b> </body> </html> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX - how to send attach excel in mail

Hi Experts, i need your help here :confused: Need to send a report thru mail using unix shell script(AIX). can you help me to do this? . i tried "uuencode" with CSV format, but while reading report all values are in single column. i need each column values in separate cell. Thanks in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbieabc
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & send a mail conformation for any error

ENVIROMENT Linux: RHEL 6.4 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs Log Format: user.log.03-15-2015 I have log4j log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I need a script that will run daily that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_job_admin
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to attach latest files of directories in a mail.

Hello Folks, I am looking for the script which will go to directory and check for the latest 5 files and send a mail to attaches these files to user. Kindly guide. Regards (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
7 Replies
mail(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  mail(1B)

NAME
mail, Mail - interactive message processing system SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/mail ... /usr/ucb/Mail ... DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/mail and /usr/ucb/Mail are provided as links to /usr/bin/mailx. See mailx(1) for more information on the usage of these commands. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/ucb/mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ /usr/ucb/Mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailx(1),attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 19 Aug 1998 mail(1B)