Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Signal Problem
Top Forums Programming Signal Problem Post 302092537 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 10th of October 2006 02:27:31 PM
Old 10-10-2006
This is the prototype for signal:
Code:
 void (*signal(int sig, void (*func)(int)))(int);

The second argument is a function pointer for a function that takes an int as an argument.
Code:
void quit_procedure(int sig_number)

will work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

[Problem] raise a signal in FreeBSD

I am trying to send a SIGUSR1 to a set of process. Please tell me how to do. I've tried the system call raise(int sig) but it just raise a signal of to the 'current process.' My program is about a network chat server. When a client connects in, The main process will fork a new process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Namely
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I have a problem using signal SIGUSR2

hi I have created a application which uses SIGUSR2. It send this signal to server and waits for signal SIGUSR2 from server after server performing some operation server sends SIGUSR2 back to the application. The application then quits. This works fine which ran from terminal , but when I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khan_069
3 Replies

3. Programming

problem with signal()

#include<signal.h> void suicide(); main() { printf("use CTRL \\ for exiting \n"); //signal(SIGINT,SIG_DFL); signal(SIGQUIT,suicide); for (;;); } void suicide() { printf("hello here you r in the suicide code "); } i was just starting with signals .. and tried this ,, but in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: narendra.pant
10 Replies

4. Programming

problem in SIGSEGV signal handling

i wrote handler for sigsegv such that i can allocate memory for a variable to which sigsegv generated for illlegal acces of memory. my code is #include <signal.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<string.h> char *j; void segv_handler(int dummy) { j=(char *)malloc(10); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan6754
4 Replies

5. Programming

problem in reforking and signal handling

hi friends i have a problem in signal handling ... let me explain my problem clearly.. i have four process .. main process forks two child process and each child process again forks another new process respectively... the problem is whenever i kill the child process it is reforking and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senvenugopal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky little problem, send signal to other machine without user

Hi everyone! I want to be able to send a signal to another machine on the same network, and have it trigger a script on that machine. Here's the reason why I can't just ssh: I don't have a username on that machine, but there is a user that is always logged on that I can do stuff on. So, I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: declannalced
5 Replies

7. Programming

UNIX signal problem

Hi all, Sorry about the title,at first i decided to ask a problem about the signal mechanism,however,i'm now figured it out.Sorry to forget modify the title:wall:.I had a small problem that if i use the code which is commented,the code would get a segment fault,while the above code NOT.what's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
4 Replies

8. Programming

problem in doing coding of signal handler

i m unble to execute code of signal handler using a) Wait b) Waitpid (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhura
1 Replies

9. Programming

Losing signal problem

I'm newbie in UNIX programming, I have a problem with signals. I'm writing multithread program, where threads can die at any moment. When thread dies it generates signal SIGUSR1 to main thread and then thread dies. Main thread gets a signal and waits for thread dead. I wrote program like this: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DendyGamer
5 Replies

10. Linux

Problem with dovecot (Killed with signal 15)

hey, i have been facing a very fatel error with dovecot.. i am getting this error in my dovecot.log file dovecot: Feb 13 15:21:02 Fatal: chdir(/var/mail/folders/user1) failed with uid 1001: Permission denied dovecot: Feb 13 15:21:02 Error: child 18732 (imap) returned error 89 dovecot: Feb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: htshshrm2
3 Replies
XtAppAddSignal(3)						   XT FUNCTIONS 						 XtAppAddSignal(3)

NAME
XtAppAddSignal, XtRemoveSignal, XtNoticeSignal - register and remove a signal source SYNTAX
XtSignalId XtAppAddSignal(XtAppContext app_context, XtSignalCallbackProc proc, XtPointer client_data); void XtRemoveSignal(XtSignalId id); void XtNoticeSignal(XtSignalId id); ARGUMENTS
app_context Specifies the application context. client_data Specifies the argument that is to be passed to the specified procedure when a signal has been raised. id Specifies the ID returned from the corresponding XtAppAddSignal call. proc Specifies the procedure that is to be called when the signal has been raised. DESCRIPTION
The XtAppAddSignal function initiates a mechanism for handling signals within the context of the Intrinsics. Prior to establishing an oper- ating system dependent signal handler the application may call XtAppAddSignal and store the returned id in a place accessible to the signal handler. Upon receipt of a signal from the operating system, the application may call XtNoticeSignal passing the id returned by the call to XtApp- AddSignal. XtNoticeSignal is the only Intrinsics function that can safely be called from a signal handler. If XtNoticeSignal is called multiple times before the Intrinsics are able to invoke the registered callback, the callback is only called once. Logically the Intrinsics maintain ``pending'' for each registered callback. This flag is initially False and is set to True by XtNoticeSignal; the Intrinsics invoke the callback whenever the flag is True, and the flag is set to False just before the callback is invoked. The XtRemoveSignal function is called to remove the specified Intrinsics signal handler. The client should disable the source of the signal before calling XtRemoveSignal. SEE ALSO
XtAppAddTimeOut(3Xt),XtAppAddInput(3Xt),XtAppAddWorkProc(3Xt) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.0.5 XtAppAddSignal(3)