Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Load balancing across network cards Post 302092384 by johnf on Monday 9th of October 2006 08:32:25 AM
Old 10-09-2006
Load balancing across network cards

The title speaks for itself. I have never attempted this but understand there is a way to use two network cards (en0 and en1) with the same IP address so as to load balance the traffic flow through both cards. Anyone know the answer?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about load balancing

If you have two or more servers load balancing, are the servers mirroring one another? If images, etc., are uploaded, will they be stored on all the servers so that if one server goes down, the images will be served up by another server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wvmlt
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

perlbal and load balancing

Hi guys, I wonder if someone would be able to assist with my problem. I have just set up a load balancer for a company I am working for. HTTP redirection is working fine, however they also want to load balance SSH and FTP too. At the moment the perlbal config looks like; CREATE POOL webhttp ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Load balancing with IPMP

Is it possible to do a load balancing ( incoming and outgoing )with with IPMP in solaris 10 like sun trunking ? If yes what are the steps involved in it , i know how to do the failover IPMP both link based and probe based but i 'm looking for possible load balancing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. SuSE

Network Load Balancing Server in OpenSuse 11.1

Hi, How i can build Network Load Balancing (NLB) Server between two openSuse Server (for example Web Server)? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skynet_boy
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Load Balancing in Apache

Hi All, I have one webserver which has an application for a set of internal users can be accessed by _http://server1.com I am planning to load balance this application. For that I have cloned this server and build a new one which can be accessed using _http://server2.com]Server2.com. Also i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
2 Replies

6. Linux

HTTP load balancing.

Hi, We have 2 pools of servers. Lets call them A and B and they would contain 2 servers each. Pool A will be hosting www.example.com/app/v1 and pool B will be hosting www.example.com/app/v2. Clients will be requesting right url (/v1 or /v2) but will be hitting just one IP. I'd like to: 1)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisfb
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Load Balancing ppp

Hello everybody How can i Load Balance two slow ppp(gprs) connections with iptables . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help in MQ load balancing

Hi, Currently we have 3 old and 3 new servers catering to Live traffic. As my component move from legacy interfaces to MQ one, we want to have load balancing of old interfaces available on MQ interface as well. For this, we want to send only 30% of all MQ traffic on 3 OLD Live servers, and want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Load balancing in Autosys

Hi, I am working on development project where I have to migrate many jobs from Tidal to Autosys R11. During this project we came across the following requirements. 1. There are 3 real machines. There could be many jobs activated simultaneously, but only one job should execute at a time and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujeetp
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load Balancing in UNIX

Dear All, Can any one help me for this request? There is a case. I have 20 files which I need to FTP to 5 servers. I want to know if there is any possibility to make a load balancer which transfers files in round robin manner to 5 servers. As per theoretical algorithm, what I think, flow can... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
9 Replies
niff(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   niff(7)

NAME
niff - Network Interface Failure Finder (NIFF) introductory information. DESCRIPTION
The Network Interface Failure Finder, NIFF, is a facility for detecting and reporting possible failures in network interface cards (NICs) or their connections. Detection is done by monitoring device counters and attempting to generate traffic to NICs suspected of having failed. Reporting is done using the Event Manager subsystem (EVM). NIFF does not drive failover operations; that is the responsibility of the application that subscribes to NIFF's EVM events. Appropriate courses of action may include selecting another network interface for communication or if it is a clustered environment, migrating an application. See nr(7) for further information. At the heart of NIFF is the traffic monitor thread. The traffic monitor thread tracks changes in the network device's counters, and notes if the received packet counter remains unchanged since the previous snapshot. As long as the counter continues to increase, the traffic monitor thread assumes the NIC is functioning. See nifftmt(7) for further information. The traffic monitor thread can monitor any network interface. The configuration utility, niffconfig, is used to activate and administer the traffic monitor thread. See nifftmt(7) and niffconfig(8) for further information. The Network Interface Failure Finder daemon, niffd, is a traffic generator for network interfaces that have been classified inactive by the kernel traffic monitor thread. The purpose of niffd is to get the interface packet counters to increment, signifying the interface is still alive and well. See niffd(8) for further information. SEE ALSO
: nifftmt(7), nr(7), niffconfig(8), niffd(8) delim off niff(7)