Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting adding text to a file between lines Post 302092339 by mona on Monday 9th of October 2006 03:29:14 AM
Old 10-09-2006
text deleted..

Sorry.. Understood the requirement wrongly

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding text to the end of lines containing a word

I'm new to shell scripting, and need to add a series of commands to the ends of certain lines of text that contain a keyword. Any easy way to do this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ironwall
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding specific text and spaces to each line in a text file

Hi, I wanted to add specific text to each row in a text file containing three rows. Example: 0 8 7 6 5 5 7 8 9 0 7 9 7 8 9 0 1 2 And I want to add a 21 at the beginning of the first row, and blank spaces at the beginning of the second two rows. To get this: 21 0 8 7 6 5 5 7 8... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hertingm
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding lines and columns to a file

Hi everybody, I've got two simples file1 like: aaa aaa aaa bbb bbb bbb ccc ccc ccc and file2 like: 111 111 111 222 222 222 333 333 333 I need to: 1) add a line say "new line" as the first line of the file 2)add a column from file2 (say column3) to file1; the new column should... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding strings to lines in a file

Hi all, I have a positional text file that comes from some source application. Before it is processed by destination application I have to add some header (suffix) to every record(line) in the file. e.g. Actual File ............... AccountDetails AcNO Name Amount 1234 John 26578 5678... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharath160
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding text to file on certain lines with(special characters)

I need to add "new lines" of text with special characters, to specific lines in the file. There are 3 modifications needed. Been testing 2 here without success. #!/usr/bin/perl use FileHandle; $file=FileHandle->new; $FILENAME="/opt/etc/usr/file.txt"; $file->open ("<$FILENAME") or die... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: A4ron4perl
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash help]Adding multiple lines of text into a specific spot into a text file

I am attempting to insert multiple lines of text into a specific place in a text file based on the lines above or below it. For example, Here is a portion of a zone file. IN NS ns1.domain.tld. IN NS ns2.domain.tld. IN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdn_humbucker
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new lines to a file + adding suffix to a pattern

I need some help with adding lines to file and substitute a pattern. Ok I have a file: #cat names.txt name: John Doe stationed: 1 name: Michael Sweets stationed: 41 . . . And would like to change it to: name: John Doe employed permanently stationed: 1-office (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemo21
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding lines at a particular location in a file.

Hi Experts, Let us take a text file,say items.txt having the following data jar bottle gum tube cereal bag I want to add the content of items.txt to another file say #many lines not necessary ingredients #many line not necesary ingredients I want to append the data in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_1990
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding lines to a large file

Hello, I have a relatively large text file (25,000K) consisting of records of data. For each record, I need to create a new line based on what is already there. Every record has a block that looks like, M END > <ID> 1 > <SOURCE> KEGG > <SOURCE_ID> C00002 > <NAME> ATP;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
LGFILE(5)						      BP configuration files							 LGFILE(5)

NAME
lgfile - ION Load/Go source file DESCRIPTION
The ION Load/Go system enables the execution of ION administrative programs at remote nodes: The lgsend program reads a Load/Go source file from a local file system, encapsulates the text of that source file in a bundle, and sends the bundle to a designated DTN endpoint on the remote node. An lgagent task running on the remote node, which has opened that DTN endpoint for bundle reception, receives the extracted payload of the bundle -- the text of the Load/Go source file -- and processes it. Load/Go source file content is limited to newline-terminated lines of ASCII characters. More specifically, the text of any Load/Go source file is a sequence of line sets of two types: file capsules and directives. Any Load/Go source file may contain any number of file capsules and any number of directives, freely intermingled in any order, but the typical structure of a Load/Go source file is simply a single file capsule followed by a single directive. Each file capsule is structured as a single start-of-capsule line, followed by zero or more capsule text lines, followed by a single end- of-capsule line. Each start-of-capsule line is of this form: [file_name Each capsule text line can be any line of ASCII text that does not begin with an opening ([) or closing (]) bracket character. A text line that begins with a closing bracket character (]) is interpreted as an end-of-capsule line. A directive is any line of text that is not one of the lines of a file capsule and that is of this form: !directive_text When lgagent identifies a file capsule, it copies all of the capsule's text lines to a new file named file_name that it creates in the current working directory. When lgagent identifies a directive, it executes the directive by passing directive_text to the pseudoshell() function (see platform(3)). lgagent processes the line sets of a Load/Go source file in the order in which they appear in the file, so the directive_text of a directive may reference a file that was created as the result of processing a prior file capsule line set in the same source file. Note that lgfile directives are passed to pseudoshell(), which on a VxWorks platform will always spawn a new task; the first argument in directive_text must be a symbol that VxWorks can resolve to a function, not a shell command. Also note that the arguments in directive_text will be actual task arguments, not shell command-line arguments, so they should never be enclosed in double-quote characters ("). However, any argument that contains embedded whitespace must be enclosed in single-quote characters (') so that pseudoshell() can parse it correctly. EXAMPLES
Presenting the following lines of source file text to lgsend: [cmd33.bprc x protocol ltp ] !bpadmin cmd33.bprc should cause the receiving node to halt the operation of the LTP convergence-layer protocol. SEE ALSO
lgsend(1), lgagent(1), platform(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 LGFILE(5)