Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers LyX-1.4.3 compiler error on redhat-7.3 Post 302092177 by BOFH on Friday 6th of October 2006 08:05:22 PM
Old 10-06-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirgni
Thanks. You were correct in that it seemed to be a gcc problem, I tried intalling earlier versions. Non of the 1.4.x versions worked, but once I whent back to 1.3.x things wrked much better.
Cool, I'm glad it finally worked for you. You still might mention it to the group so they can fix it.

Quote:
I'll try to be better about the way I post code in the future, sorry, I've never really done this before.
I wasn't smacking you personally Smilie I figure others are reading this and many people post messages with code or output snippets that's hard to read. I make the effort here to help the others who are trying to help. As you can see, it's lots easier to troubleshoot the problem when the output or code is legible Smilie

Carl

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

2. Linux

Xlc compiler on Redhat Linux

Hi , Currently i have my c and pro*c code got compiled in IBM POWER - AIX machine with xlc compiler version 9. We are planning to migrate all our applications from IBM POWER - AIX to Redhat Linux. Can i use the same current (IBM AIX) xlc compiler with the same compiling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugunthanvh
3 Replies
SGML2LYX(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SGML2LYX(1)

e.

NAME
sgml2lyx - create LyX output from a LinuxDoc DTD SGML source file SYNOPSIS
sgml2lyx [generic-option...] file[.sgml] DESCRIPTION
sgml2lyx is an old and obsoleted form of the lyx converter command of LinuxDoc-Tools. It is recommended to switch the new form linuxdoc -B lyx now. It converts a LinuxDoc DTD SGML source file to LyX output. Output will appear in file.lyx where file is the name of the SGML source file. The attribute/value pair "output=lyx" is set for conditionals. OPTIONS
sgm2lyx accepts all the generic options described in linuxdoc(1). file The SGML source file, named either file or file.sgml FILES
Many files and executables in /usr/share/linuxdoc-tools and /usr/bin are used. BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Originally written by Frank Pavageau <frank@via.ecp.fr> and Cees de Groot <cg@cdegroot.com> as sgml2lyx. Currently maintained by Taketoshi Sano <sano@debian.org> for Linuxdoc-Tools. SEE ALSO
linuxdoc(1), sgml2html(1), sgml2info(1), sgml2latex(1), sgml2rtf(1), sgml2txt(1), sgmlcheck(1). 16 May 2000 SGML2LYX(1)