Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to remove a ufs file system? Post 302092057 by pmichner on Friday 6th of October 2006 09:29:46 AM
Old 10-06-2006
Actually I was going to remove the ufs and create a new vxfs with the same name, but then I found the vxfsconvert command so I guess my problem is solved. If anybody knows the answer of how to remove a ufs I'd still like to know in case I ever need to do it someday. Say I created one using newfs.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris File system question ( UFS )

Hello all, I'm ufs file system, how can u use the same disk in another machine with the data in tact? to make it clear, I've an ufs FS in a mount point /file1 ( 8GB). now they decide to reintall the OS. After the reinstall, how can i get the same data as it is? will mounting the disk as /file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increasing ufs file system size in solaris

How do i increase the filesystem size on a root partition? There is a slice with root on it, its like 2 gigs and nothing else is broken out except home. I want to increase root filesystem (and slice) and break out /usr and /var. This is solaris 9, only has solaris volume manager on it. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

3. Solaris

ufs file system

I ;ve an application which has does not support zfs and i 've a 100Gb Lun with zfs on it , how to go back to ufs .. and use SVM for the same ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

4. Solaris

UFS File System Periodically Corrupted - What to check?

The system is a SunFire V440 running SunOS 5.10 About once every 3-4 weeks, the system will reboot into single user mode on its own, and then I run svcs -xv, the filesystem service and dependent services will be disabled due to the metadisk file system being corrupted. The I've been doing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the.gooch
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rm: cannot remove file: Read-only file system

I have a file on a usb stick which I cannot remove and the following error message shows: rm: cannot remove `file-name': Read-only file system The usb stick is mounted as read-only on an Ubuntu system: $ mount /dev/sda1 on / type ext4 (rw,errors=remount-ro) proc on /proc type proc (rw) none... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Mount ufs in ZFS system

Hi..I have installed Solaris 5.10 update 9 with ZFS system with RAID1. It is to be integrated with SAN which is UFS and . It is getting mounted but when i am rebooting server,it is getting removed from system. Pls let me know what all step need to follow for this. Thanks !! (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: deljatt
15 Replies

7. Solaris

restore dump from veritas format using ufs file system

hi all i have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
3 Replies

8. Solaris

how to restore backup from veritas vm in ufs file system

Hi all I have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. backup was taken... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Remove file system from Solaris disk

hi, i have created a file system using newfs command in solaris 10, later i got error messages from the database which i am using. May be database using the disk also. My question is how to remove file system from the disk. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
7 Replies
ncheck_ufs(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    ncheck_ufs(1M)

NAME
ncheck_ufs - generate pathnames versus i-numbers for ufs file systems SYNOPSIS
ncheck -F ufs [generic_options] [-o m] [special]... DESCRIPTION
ncheck -F ufs generates a pathname versus i-number list of files for the ufs file system residing on special. Names of directory files are followed by `/.'. OPTIONS
See ncheck(1M) for the list of generic_options supported. -o Specify ufs file system specific options. The available option is: m Print mode information. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ff(1M), ncheck(1M), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
When the file system structure is improper, `??' denotes the "parent" of a parentless file and a pathname beginning with `...' denotes a loop. SunOS 5.11 18 Dec 1991 ncheck_ufs(1M)