Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling a C program
Top Forums Programming Compiling a C program Post 302092024 by blowtorch on Friday 6th of October 2006 05:44:33 AM
Old 10-06-2006
Have you tried to compile it at all? Does it give errors while compiling? I am afraid that the only way to convert the program into a runnable file is by compiling it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Error Compiling C program

Hi All, I tried to compile a C program but i am getting error while Linking . it says Undefined reference to ' ' (here it gives a method name which is defined Globally ). Can any body tell the resaon and remedy for the same . Iam stuck up here . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek
3 Replies

2. Programming

Compiling a program

Hello. I am trying to run a c program on a unix shell (ssh). I have searched this forum but have not come accross the soultion to my problem, so I am posting my question here :cool: I wrote the following simple code: #include <iostream.h> using namespace std; int main() { ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
7 Replies

3. Programming

Problem compiling program

hi i am having a problem that when ever i use cc program_name.c to compile a program. an error occurs, showing cc not found. please help. (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
28 Replies

4. Programming

help on compiling a C program on Tiger

here is the very simple bob.c: main() { printf("hello"); } i use tiger and i use the command: gcc bob.c and the end result: bob.c: In function ‘main': bob.c:3: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function /‘printf' any help appreciated, i'm just starting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
4 Replies

5. Programming

compiling c program in unix

if somebody can help me pls. i need the source code for a shell which compiles C or java programs in unix i need a very short and simple one, just the compiling part Respect (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zlatan005
2 Replies

6. Programming

Problems compiling OpenStep program.

I use Ubuntu 10.4, and I installed GNUStep, Gorm (a gui builder) and ProjectCenter (the GNU alternative to Xcode) because I want to develop Objective-C apps. I opened the ProjectCenter and I created an application that displays only an empty window. I sourced the GNUstep.sh and I compiled the app. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
0 Replies

7. Programming

compiling old C program in Linux.

Hello, I am writing to ask for support about compiling an very old but famous C-progam for genetics study called MapMaker/QTL, and the source code is available from MIT: http://www.broadinstitute.org/ftp/distribution/software/mapmaker3/The program was originally designed for systems like SunOS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling a 64 bits program using gcc

Hi Everyone, I can ask what is the option to compile a 64 bits program using gcc. I have looked everywhere but can't find it. Before I used to use cc and the -q64 flag was the option to generate the 64 bits binary. Can anyone tell me what is the flags when using gcc. Thanks...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error compiling program with extension .c

good morning, I have 64-bit DB2 V9.7 AIX 7.1.0.0 I am compiling a C program, when running cc-I / rutadb2/include-c programa.c this error. ksh: cc: not found. how I can check if I have installed the C compiler? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much and best regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write files for compiling a program.?

I am hoping someone can give me a good free web resource for writing code to compile a binary executable. I am getting fairly decent at writing shell script, are the .f files just shell scripts? Also, I don't know where to begin on the makefiles. The reason I am curious is because I have been... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butson
6 Replies
freealut-config(1)					      General Commands Manual						freealut-config(1)

NAME
freealut-config - script to get information about the installed version of freealut SYNOPSIS
freealut-config [ --prefix= DIR] [ --exec-prefix= DIR] [ --version ] [ --libs ] [ --cflags ] DESCRIPTION
freealut-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link progams, libraries, and plugins that use freealut. The use of freealut-config is deprecated. The more generic tool pkg-config should be used instead. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses freealut. --exec-prefix=DIR If specified, use DIR instead of the installation exec prefix that freealut was build with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags and --libs options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program or library that uses freealut. --prefix=DIR If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that freealut was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags and --libs options. --version Prints the currently installed version of freealut on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(freealut-config --cflags) -c main.c is how you might use freealut-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(freealut-config --libs) main.o util.o is how you might use freealut-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. SEE ALSO
pkg-config(1) This manual page was written for sdl-config by Branden Robinson, originally for Progeny Linux Systems, Inc., and the Debian Project. It was adapted to freealut by Sam Hocevar. freealut 2003-11-22 freealut-config(1)