Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What to do in free time?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Chat with iBot - Our RSS Robot Girl What to do in free time? Post 302091949 by bihani4u on Friday 6th of October 2006 12:04:01 AM
Old 10-06-2006
i didn't get u

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

3. Solaris

how to get the more memory free space (see memory free column)

Hi all, Could please let me know how to get the more memory free space (not added the RAM) in local zone. -bash-3.00# vmstat 2 5 kthr memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr s0 s1 s1 s1 in sy cs us sy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
3 Replies

4. Solaris

MountPoint / is 8% with 899.49MB free crossing threshold of 10% free

Hi, I have a problem one of the server file system cross the limitation MountPoint / is 8% with 899.49MB free crossing threshold of 10% free out put please help how to resolve this dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/rootvol 9.8G 8.8G 956M 91% / /devices ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniva0
3 Replies
icheck(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 icheck(8)

Name
       icheck - check inode consistency

Syntax
       /etc/icheck [ -s ]  [ -b numbers ] [ filesystem ]

Description
       The command is obsoleted for normal consistency checking by

The command examines a file system, builds a bit map of used blocks, and compares this bit map against the free list maintained on the file
       system.	If the file system is not specified, a set of default file systems is checked.	The normal output of includes a report of:

o   The total number of files and the numbers of regular, directory, block special and character special files.

o   The total number of blocks in use and the numbers of single-, double-, and triple-indirect blocks and directory blocks.

o   The number of free blocks.

o   The number of blocks missing, that is, not in any file nor in the free list.

The option causes to ignore the actual free list and reconstruct a new one by rewriting the super-block of the file system.  The file  sys-
       tem  should  be dismounted while this is done; if this is not possible (for example if the root file system has to be salvaged) care should
       be taken that the system is quiescent and that it is rebooted immediately afterwards so that the old, bad in-core copy of  the  super-block
       will not continue to be used.  Notice also that the words in the super-block which indicate the size of the free list and of the i-list are
       believed.  If the super-block has been curdled these words will have to be patched.  The option causes the normal output reports to be sup-
       pressed.

Following the option is a list of block numbers; whenever any of the named blocks turns up in a file, a diagnostic is produced.

The command is faster if the raw version of the special file is used, since it reads the i-list many blocks at a time.

Diagnostics
       For  duplicate  blocks  and  bad  blocks  (which lie outside the file system) announces the difficulty, the i-number, and the kind of block
       involved.  If a read error is encountered, the block number of the bad block is printed and considers it to  contain  0.   `Bad	freeblock'
       means that a block number outside the available space was encountered in the free list.	`n dups in free' means that n blocks were found in
       the free list which duplicate blocks either in some file or in the earlier part of the free list.

Restrictions
       Since is inherently two-pass in nature, extraneous diagnostics may be produced if applied to active file systems.

It believes even preposterous super-blocks and consequently can get core images.

Files
       Default file systems vary with installation.

See Also
       fs(5), clri(8), dcheck(8), fsck(8), ncheck(8)

icheck(8)