Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Determine last reboot when wtmp broken Post 302091730 by Andrek on Wednesday 4th of October 2006 11:48:08 PM
Old 10-05-2006
Hi Perderabo - I am going to take it as date for PID 1 and as of last year..
Cron may have started up manually anytime a change may have taken place...

Thanks for your help
I going to re-boot the server to "flush" logs and get things right with the box...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Wtmp Reader

I would loke to read the WTMP file. This is a binary file in the /var/logs directory. Is there any utility which will convert this binary file to ASCII format? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgold1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wtmp

Hi, is it ok if i delete wtmp on HPUX 11 under /var/adm It is filling up that filesystem Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsharples
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

truncate wtmp

I have AIX5.1 I have been trying to learn how to truncate the /var/adm/wtmp file. I have seen several things on google actually but don't quite understand. I also searched your forums but couldn't find it. one says this ">/var/adm/wtmp Is that all I do? I have a seperate question also. I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker40
1 Replies

4. AIX

how to pre-determine if a reboot is required?

given any specific fix, how can I determine if the machine will require a reboot? (I don't have a window for downtime) obvious fix's to the kernel / lvm will require a reboot ... bos.rte files etc... is there a tool or command that I am able to run against a specific IY that will inform me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: A Stewart
4 Replies

5. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

6. AIX

wtmp file

Hello everyone I have a problem with the file wtmp that is on /var/adm This file was not on this directory (adm). I try creating a new file with the correct rights (644) and owner (adm:adm) but It doesnt work. If I type the last command i get this last ora10g ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

7. Debian

How to determine if a package needs a reboot?

Hi, Anyone got a clue? is there some tool for it? couldnt find it in apt get, anyway i hope so cos i must build a patch management tool for work:P Greetz. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: X-ion
10 Replies

8. AIX

Clear wtmp

Hello, Is there a difference between the following commands besides consider the file permissions? /usr/sbin/acct/nulladm /var/adm/wtmp >/var/adm/wtmp cat /dev/null >/var/adm/wtmp Today I tried the second command and it worked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: x_adm
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

wtmp output

Hi, Can anybody explain wtmp output fields? A dir was created at 7:11pm and I wanted to find out who was logged in at that time but as you can see there is no ip address listed when I run utmpdump against the wtmp file..... R, D. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
1 Replies