Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun machine boot up
Operating Systems Solaris Sun machine boot up Post 302091546 by Sowser on Tuesday 3rd of October 2006 02:25:26 PM
Old 10-03-2006
You need to somehow send a break. If your going through hyperterminal, you can try send a break by pressing (CTRL + Break) or some signal or combination of CTRL + SHIFT + Break. On a laptop, the break button was color coded, so you had to press the proper signal button + the button you wanted to press.

-S

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Machine Rebooted

Hi , My Sun Machine Rebooted by itself 2 days back . Its running fine now , But i wanted to find out wat caused it to reboot... This is wat the var/adm/messages show . Kern.notice:- System booting after fatal error FATAL... Wat causes this message ... And wat tasks should i do to ensure it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Triple Boot Machine

I'm in a predicament right now! I have RedHat 7.2 ,Debian 2.2r5 ,and Windows ME. I am currently in a Sun Solaris 8 class and will soon acquire a copy of Solaris 8. I would like to start a small home network ,but 4 pc's for the house would be a little too expensive for me right now. What I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bilal_aa
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot boot machine

I have a sun v240 running solaris 9. I recently changed the ip via the ifconfig command but made a mistake when running the command: ifconfig bge0 (ip address) netmask (ip address) when i meant to do: ifconfig bge0 (ip address) netmask ffff0000 broadcast (ip address) Now when I boot the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Installation os on sun machine

I had one sun ultra enterprise1 cpu. it's not giving any disply,which operating system it's support. How can install os on this CPU. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeesh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Machine Crashed

During system startup the following warnings are appear. Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1 (g1m1) Connected command timeout for target 9.0 Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1 (g1m1) Target 9 reducing sync, transfer rate Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tabreaz
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How to configure IP in SUN Machine

Hi Experts, I am new for solaris, i am using Solaris10,can you anyone assist me how to configure IP in my machine. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

I want to get machine boot up time

I use the uptime command,but it only show how long system has been up up 18 days but I want the this format machine boot time YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss does any command can get that or how to i use program to do this (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I Start JBoss automatically when boot my linux machine.

I have created a script file named 'start-jboss' ------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh # For starting Jboss JAVA_HOME=/home/argole/jdk/jdk1.6.0_10 export JAVA_HOME cd /home/argole/server/jboss-4.2.0.GA/bin echo "Starting JBOSS server" nohup ./run.sh -c... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiraz
25 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun is not able to ssh another machine of sun

My one Sun machine is not able to ssh another machine of Sun. Although I have configured the ssh successfully ( SunOS sunbox2 5.9 Generic_118558-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 ) ERROR bash-2.05# ssh sunbox2 /etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 34: Bad configuration option: PermitRootLogin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CentOS machine does not boot!

Hello, one of my machine ,does not boot! check the pic and kindly help! Thx in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
0 Replies
NDBOOTD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						NDBOOTD(8)

NAME
ndbootd -- Sun Network Disk (ND) Protocol server SYNOPSIS
ndbootd [-s boot2] [-i interface] [-w windowsize] [-d] boot1 DESCRIPTION
ndbootd is a server which supports the Sun Network Disk (ND) Protocol. This protocol was designed by Sun before they designed NFS. ND sim- ply makes the raw blocks of a disk available to network clients. Contrast this with the true namespace and file abstractions that NFS pro- vides. The only reason you're likely to encounter ND nowadays is if you have an old Sun 2 machine, like the 2/120 or 2/50. The Sun 2 PROMs can only use ND to boot over the network. (Later, the Sun 3 PROMs would use RARP and TFTP to boot over the network.) ndbootd is a very simple ND server that only supports client reads for booting. It exports a disk that the clients consider to be /dev/ndp0 (ND public unit zero). The disk is available only to clients that are listed in /etc/ethers and have valid hostnames. (Sun 2 PROMs don't do RARP, but they do learn their IP address from the first ND response they receive from the server.) boot1 is a file containing the mandatory first-stage network boot program, typically /usr/mdec/bootyy. The layout of the exported disk is: o block 0: normally a Sun disklabel (but ignored by the PROM) o blocks 1-15: the first-stage network boot program With the -s boot2 option, ndbootd will also make a second-stage network boot program available to clients, typically /usr/mdec/netboot. When boot2 is a filename, that file is the single second-stage network boot program to be served to all clients. When boot2 is a directory name, typically /tftpboot, ndbootd finds a client's second-stage network boot program by turning its IP address into a filename in that directory, in the same manner later Sun 3 PROMs do when TFTPing (i.e., if a client has IP address 192.168.1.10, ndbootd expects to find /tftpboot/C0A8010A.SUN2 ). When used in this last manner with an ND-aware first-stage boot program, ndbootd serves the same purpose in the Sun 2 netboot process as tftpd(8) serves in the Sun 3 netboot process. Any second-stage network boot program always begins at block 16 of the exported disk, regardless of the length of the first-stage network boot program. All first- and second-stage network boot programs must have all executable headers stripped off; they must be raw binary programs. The remaining options are: -i interface Only listen for ND clients on interface interface. Normally ndbootd listens for clients on the first non-loopback IP interface that is up and running. -w windowsize This adjusts the window size of the ND protocol. This is the number of 1-kilobyte packets that can be transmitted before waiting for an acknowledgement. Defaults to 6. -d Run in debug mode. Debugging output goes to standard error and the server will not fork. FILES
/etc/ethers /etc/hosts SEE ALSO
tftpd(8) BUGS
Whether or not there is a second-stage network boot program, the exported disk appears to all clients to have infinite length. The content of all blocks not used by the first- or second-stage network boot programs is undefined. All client reads of undefined blocks are silently allowed by the server. BSD
May 9, 2001 BSD