Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question in reference to the pipe | Post 302091520 by elkoreanopr on Tuesday 3rd of October 2006 12:39:35 PM
Old 10-03-2006
MySQL Thank you Glen

That's what I was asking. Thanks all for the quit response. I am so Smilie that I found this forum. I can already see its going to be a great help for me to learn more about UNIX. Once again Thank you!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reference to a const

Can any one explain how the statement '2' in the following statements is a legal one. int & ref = 3; // Illegal statement - Compiler error. const int& ref=3 ; // Compile and executes properly. Thanks in Advance, Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe | question

how do you pipe the results to next statement as argument? somecommand | grep $result somefile how do you reference $result with?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH Pipe question

Hi all, I'm new to shell scripting, but enjoying myself! :cool: I'm trying to execute the following statement: alias evol="ps -AH | grep evol | cut -d' ' -f2 | kill -9" As you might guess. I'm wanting to use a single command 'evol' to kill all the processes containing the phrase 'evol' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgrahamnz
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

5. Programming

Passing by reference question

Hello All, I have a question in the following sample code: If I am passing a reference of a variable, will the dynamic allocation happen in which it is passed? Will the dynamic allocation will actually change the memory contents of char array "arr"? int main() { char *arr; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mind@work
1 Replies

6. Programming

Newbie question on exec,fork, wait,pipe C

Hello everybody.I want to make clear that i am not going to ask from anybody to build my asignement but i have a big problem. I can't seem to find anywhere ONE good example on C about what i am trying to do:wall:.I think it is simple. All i ask is one example, even a link is fine. So, i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cuervo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl de-reference code reference variable

Guys, May i know how can we de reference the code reference variable.? my $a = sub{$a=shift;$b=shift;print "SUM:",($a+$b),"\n";}; print $a->(4,5); How can we print the whole function ? Please suggest me regarding this. Thanks for your time :) Cheers, Ranga :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get last reference date

Hi, Could you please help me to get last reference date in Unix, in Unix we maintain SAS7BDAT files. Is there any command or script to get the info, Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbarao12
2 Replies
roar_exit(3)						System Manager's Manual: RoarAudio					      roar_exit(3)

NAME
roar_exit - let RoarAudio's sound server quit roar_terminate - let RoarAudio's sound server quit as soon as all clients quit SYNOPSIS
#include <roaraudio.h> int roar_exit(struct roar_connection * con); int roar_terminate(struct roar_connection * con, int terminate); DESCRIPTION
Ask the sound server to quit. roar_exit() let the server quit without waiting for any clients. All streams and client connections will be closed cleanly. roar_terminate() will let the server quit as soon as all clients disconnects and all input streams ended. The listening socket will be closed. This is useful in case of restarting roard. PARAMETERS
con An open controll connection to the server. terminate Wait for all clients to disconnect and all streams to EOF in case of 1. In case of 0 roar_terminate() is equal to roar_exit(). RETURN VALUE
On success these calls return 0. On error, -1 is returned. NOTES
Even when the call was successfull you have to use roar_disconnect(3) to disconnect from the server. EXAMPLES
FIXME SEE ALSO
roar_disconnect(3), libroar(7), RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio May 2011 roar_exit(3)