Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Buffer IO error
Operating Systems Linux Buffer IO error Post 302091491 by Corona688 on Tuesday 3rd of October 2006 10:25:11 AM
Old 10-03-2006
Could you post the actual error message please?

These I/O errors might be real I/O errors, not a software fault, especially when the hard drive seems to be going downhill...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About Buffer

Hi, if someone now how can look the last commands has used for last week? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Niko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

buffer question

Hi... I have a question about how many lines the window can remember... is there an environemtn varible for this I can change??? I'm not talking about how many previous commands it remembers. I am talking about how many lines it remembers and for how many lines I can press "page-up" and I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmanchur.
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Buffer Cache

What is the "Buffer Cache" used for? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is my buffer empty in vi?

this question is probably trivial to most of you but i do not have the answer. the task is simple... yank 7 lines of text from one file and paste them to another so while in command mode i enter "b7yy and i get 7 lines yanked exit vi with :q! open the new file while in command mode i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cookiebooy
2 Replies

5. AIX

nim mksysb buffer overflow error

Hi, I am trying to backup a system ("client") through a slow network using "nim mksysb" on a nim server ("master") The backup starts, but doesn't success. Thanks if you can help me to resolve this problem : Creating information file (/image.data) for rootvg... Creating list of files to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Buffer I/O error in red hat linux boot up

I get error message when boot up red hat linux Buffer I/O error on device hdc ,logical block XX ... /dev/hdc:read failed after 0 of 2048 at 0 : input/output error ..... I paste the /etc/fstab file in here /dev/hdc is cdrom How can I fix it Please advice # cat /etc/fstab # This file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi next buffer

Hello, I am using vi to edit file vi filea :e fileb and :e# to switch between filea and fileb Now, I'd like to have many files open at the same time and have a way to cycle between them. :bn does not work; when I type it, nothing happens... Is there something to add to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCR
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a lot of Buffer I/O error on device connected to SAN

hi guys I have a server(x3650 M2) connected to a SAN...it takes a long time to boot with a lot errors like these any idea how to fix that? Suse Enterprise 10 SP3 update as soon as I disconnect the HBAs boots up normal and fast and no messages sdi:end_request: I/O error, dev sdh,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

DELL M910 with RedHat Linux 5.5 getting "Buffer I/O error on device sdd"

Dear Guru, IHAC who is using Redhat Linux 5 on DELL M910. When system bootup, it show "Buffer I/O error on device sdd" error message. Below is the "dmesg" output. The scenario is: If more external FC SAN disk LUN add, the device would change other name. So it will impact the raw device... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
7 Replies

10. Programming

buffer in C

Hello, size_t write(int fd, const void *buf, size_t count) { static size_t (*write_func)(int, const void *, size_t) = NULL; if (!write_func) write_func = (size_t(*)(int, const void *, size_t)) dlsym(RTLD_NEXT, "write"); char tmp; memcpy(tmp,buf,count); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies
rhsm-debug(8)						   Certificate Information Tool 					     rhsm-debug(8)

NAME
rhsm-debug - Compiles information about system's entitlements, products, and identity used by Red Hat Subscription Manager. SYNOPSIS
rhsm-debug module [options] DESCRIPTION
rhsm-debug compiles information about system's entitlements, products, and identity used by Red Hat Subscription Manager. COMMANDS AND OPTIONS
rhsm-debug has specific options available for each module, depending on what operation is being performed. The currently supported modules are: 1. system COMMON OPTIONS -h, --help Prints the specific help information for the given command. --proxy=PROXY Uses an HTTP proxy. The PROXY name has the format hostname:port. --proxyuser=PROXYUSERNAME Gives the username to use to authenticate to the HTTP proxy. --proxypassword=PROXYPASSWORD Gives the password to use to authenticate to the HTTP proxy. SYSTEM OPTIONS The system command pulls in debug information off of the current system --destination=DESTINATION The directory to place the resulting debug data. The default is /tmp. --no-archive Generates an uncompressed directory intead of a gzipped file. --sos Excludes data files that are also collected by the sosreport tool. BUGS
This tool is part of Red Hat Subscription Manager. To file bugs against this command-line tool, go to <https://bugzilla.redhat.com>, and select Red Hat > Red Hat Enterprise Linux > subscription-manager. AUTHORS
William Poteat<wpoteat@redhat.com>. The rhsm-debug tool was written by William Poteat. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2012 Red Hat, Inc. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2). A copy of this license is avail- able at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt. version 1.3 May 23, 2013 rhsm-debug(8)