Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how other user cannot read my script? Post 302091335 by Klashxx on Monday 2nd of October 2006 06:04:32 AM
Old 10-02-2006
And ... which is the best method to execute the encrypted script?

Thx.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getline to read input from a user

Hi, The gcc compiler has warned about using gets(), so I've been trying my hand at getline. Problem is that I've been able to read from a file, but what I really need is to read from a user's input. I want to use getline like a scanf() command, but I can't figure what to substitute for the fp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdsd
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Specifying read on dir user?

If I have a number of users all in the same group. How do I give read only access to some of them on everyone elses home directory. Is it possible if they are all in the same group?? So user1,2,3,4 can have read/execute on user1-5 home directory, but user5 can only read only have read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sniff
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data

hi all, I have this file with some user data. example: $cat myfile.txt FName|LName|Gender|Company|Branch|Bday|Salary|Age aaaa|bbbb|male|cccc|dddd|19900814|15000|20| eeee|asdg|male|gggg|ksgu|19911216||| aara|bdbm|male|kkkk|acke|19931018||23| asad|kfjg|male|kkkc|gkgg|19921213|14000|24|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Bash piped while-read and a read user input at the same time

Hi I am new to writing script and want to use a Bash Piped while-read and read from user input. if something happens on server.log then do while loop or if something happend on user input then do while loop. Pseudocode something like: tail -n 3 -f server.log | while read serverline || read... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MyMorris
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read-only user in AIX

Hi, I want to create a new user,and I want to give read permission to a folder which owned by root. How can I do this? thanks for your helps (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sersoy
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read Only user in Vsftpd

HI I have set up vsftp on my Red hat server. Chroot has been set up to control access to each user and folder directories. This all works fine. But i have one directory where i want to chroot but ensure that the ftp access is read only. Any help appreciated thanks Treds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treds
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to read user input

I am creating a bash that uses perl . The below code closes before the input is entered. If I run the perl as a .pl it is fine. What am I doing wrong? Thank you :). #!/bin/bash cd 'C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\wget' wget -O getCSV.txt http://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx/data/getCSV.csv print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Other user should not read the file but can execute

Hi, I have one script for which I want that other user should not read the script file but can execute. Is there any method ? I tried by giving 711 but it gives Permission denied to other users. For Generic User id as a work around , I have created alias in .bashrc file and other user... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the USER Quota in SSH

How the User Quota query from an SSH access to Linux Shell. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
5 Replies
SHUNIT2(1)																SHUNIT2(1)

NAME
shunit2 - A unit test framework for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
shunit2 unitfile DESCRIPTION
shUnit2 is a xUnit unit test framework for Bourne based shell scripts, and it is designed to work in a similar manner to JUnit, PyUnit, etc.. If you have ever had the desire to write a unit test for a shell script, shUnit2 can do the job. You can either run shunit2 directly from the commandline and specify the unit file or directly source the shunit2 executable. If you directly execute shunit2 and don't specify a unitfile shunit2 assumes a empty testfile and will return without an error message. EXAMPLE
Simple script to test if 1 equals 1 #! /bin/sh testEquality() { assertEquals 1 1 } # load shunit2 . shunit2 Execute shUnit2 unit tests directly from the commandline shunit2 /path/to/unit/file OPTIONS
shunit2 does not support any commandline options at all. You can either source shunit2 to execute your unit tests or directly run shunit2 as a commandline script. SEE ALSO
For more information see http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/ or have a look at the installed documentation in /usr/share/doc/shunit2/ AUTHOR
shunit2 was written by Kate Ward <kate.ward@forestent.com>. This manpage was written by Ulrich Dangel <mru@spamt.net>. 2.1.6 03/25/2012 SHUNIT2(1)