Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Check Duplex setting of intrerface card ? Post 302091330 by reborg on Monday 2nd of October 2006 05:14:59 AM
Old 10-02-2006
try 'man ndd'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check if sound card exists?

hi, i have a sun sparc II machine. i would like to play music from this workstation. so how should i check whether my machine has a sound card installed? what command should i type? pls enlighten me. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

rhel 3 duplex setting

how do you tell what duplex mode your box is running? kinda like cat /proc/meminfo for memory usage.. is there a similar procedure that shows if the live kernel is running at 100-full or half etc...? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check Virtual NIC card speed on solaris

Hi, We have a 4 port Sun gigaswift NIC card on our sun fire server. If the card is a physical one I know how to check the settings/speed. But since this is a virtual card with 4 ports , I am not sure as how we can check the settings. Details ----------- root:/> ifconfig -a lo0:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pray44u
3 Replies

4. Solaris

MTU setting - solaris 9 how to check??

I need to check the mtu setting on my server, I am told I need to use the ndd command and check the tcp setting tcp_mss_max I have done so and all I can see is the below, tcp_mss_def_ipv4 (read and write) tcp_mss_max_ipv4 (read and write) How can I check the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp - permission setting check

Hello, I am doing a transfer of a file from one HP-UX ( umask : 033 ) server to another HP-UX server ( umask : 033 ) and file got transferred sucessfully. However I could see the file permission gets changed at the receiving end. Would like to know the reason for that? Details below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jansat
3 Replies

6. Linux

How to check the LAN card?

Hi. I have a lan card installed on my server. I want to check the duplex speed of it. How can I check it? Help is appreciated. Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Setting Fiber Card to Auto Negotiate

I have the Fiber Card assigned to a vPar and I am trying to use it with our HP EVA 4000. Our SAN switch is only a 2GB switch. The card has three LED lights labeled 4GB, 2GB and 1GB and the 4GB light has an amber light. I need to change the link speed, how do you do this on HP-UX? Also here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find half duplex or full duplex

Hi, How to find whether the server is running with half duplex or full duplex. I tried with the following command ndd -get /dev/ but am not getting any output,. Is the command correct? Also let me know how to change from half to full duplex. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is my network card 100 full duplex

Hi there, This is probably a stupid dummy question... But that also why I post it here! Is there a linux debian native command that tells me if my network card is set to 100 Full Duplex? I have access to a linux debian machine over ssh but have no physical access to it. I'm root but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
1 Replies

10. Linux

How to check which NIC Card is used for backups?

I have a linux box with 2 nic cards on it one for prod and one for backup. My question is while the backup are happening how do I determine which nic is used for backups . I would like to run a command so that that I can see the usage in a dynamic fashion. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2prog
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)