Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clean File
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Clean File Post 302090854 by kris01752 on Wednesday 27th of September 2006 05:36:33 PM
Old 09-27-2006
Begin End Cust: Col1 Col2 Col3
07/01/06 07/31/06 A02991 - Burnham 0002000 5,829,773 145.3
07/01/06 07/31/06 A02991 - Burnham 0009701 4,043,850 267.3
07/01/06 07/31/06 A02991 - Burnham 2005000 286,785.13 100.0

This is how i need the output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clean file in single action

What one finds challenging another finds simple... (HPUX B.11.11) I have a text file named something like 12345.dst that could look like this: DOG CAT NONE TEST CAT What I want to end up with is 12345.dst looking like this: CAT DOG TEST removing "NONE" should it be there and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djp
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean Text File

HI, I have a file which comes from crystal reports in the below format. I need to clean the file so that i will only have the columns(deptid,empid,ename,sal) and the data below the column names. There is a bug in the repoting tool( we only see page1-1 for every department).The rundate change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris01752
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to clean PV id?

When I run command: >chdev -l hdisk1 -a pv=clear It shows Method error (/etc/methods/chgdisk): 0514-062 Cannot perform the requested function because the specified device is busy. run: #>fuser -kxuc /dev/raw1 /dev/raw1: How to clean PV id? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clean directories by reading from file

I have a file in following format directory1=/out/log purgedays1=4 extn1=log,out,txt directory2=/clean/log purgedays2=4 extn2=log,out now i need need to create a script that reads this file and cleans all the files with the given extn from the given directory. The catch here is that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_payne1234
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to clean up file system

Hi, Has anyone ever encountered the following scenario: I am working on a SUN server with solaris 10 installed and veritas managing the filesystem. One of the file systems has become full: df -kh /ossrc/dbdumps Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeidel
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to clean up file systems

As you will verify, I am a really naive user of AIX 5.1. As such I wonder if you could possibly let me know of a command or procedure I could use to automatically, globally and safely, remove all useless files from my machine. I'm not referring to my own files because I perfectly know which of them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjchr
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

clean passwd file based on db table (master)

The purpose of this script is to scan the /etc/passwd file one line at a time comparing the usernames to the usernames found in a database table. I will later locked every account which is not in the database table. I have export the userlist from the database in a file (/tmp/userlist). It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Banks187
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean console output routed to a file

A friend routed some console output to a file for me. The problem is he used backspace and escape sequences all over the place. Using vi to view the file makes it difficult to read. Is there a program that will process the backspaces and remove the escape sequences? e.g., bash-3.00$ pwd^ (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddyq
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] help clean up file movement script

Hello Group, Once again another script hacked together from a few sources to try and suit my needs. This is to go through a /temp directory and for each ls entry ask which Dir of three I want it sorted. The script works but there are a few behaviors that are odd so I figured I'd ask for help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpreviti
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to clean up input file, printing both fields

In the f1 file below I am trying to clean it up removing lines the have _tn_ in them. Next, removing the characters in $2 before the ninth /. Then I remove the ID_(digit- always 4). Finally, the charcters after and including the first _. It is curently doing most of it but the cut is removing $1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
CheckDigits::M11_004(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 CheckDigits::M11_004(3pm)

NAME
CheckDigits::M11_004 - compute check digits for CPF (BR), Titulo Eleitoral (BR) SYNOPSIS
use Algorithm::CheckDigits; $cpf = CheckDigits('cpf'); if ($cpf->is_valid('043.033.407-90')) { # do something } $cn = $cpf->complete('043.033.407-'); # $cn = '043.033.407-90' $cd = $cpf->checkdigit('043.033.407-90'); # $cd = '90' $bn = $cpf->basenumber('043.033.407-90'); # $bn = '043.033.407-' DESCRIPTION
ALGORITHM 1. From left to right all digits are multiplied with their position in the sequence. 2. The sum of all products is computed. 3. The sum of step 2 is taken modulo 11. a) If the result is 0 or 1 the checkdigit is 0 b) otherwise the checkdigit is 11 minus the result. 4. The first checkdigit is appended to the number and step 1 to 3 are repeated. METHODS is_valid($number) Returns true only if $number consists solely of numbers and the last digit is a valid check digit according to the algorithm given above. Returns false otherwise, complete($number) The check digit for $number is computed and concatenated to the end of $number. Returns the complete number with check digit or '' if $number does not consist solely of digits and spaces. basenumber($number) Returns the basenumber of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. checkdigit($number) Returns the checkdigit of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. EXPORT None by default. AUTHOR
Mathias Weidner, <mathias@weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de> SEE ALSO
perl, CheckDigits, www.pruefziffernberechnung.de. perl v5.10.0 2008-05-17 CheckDigits::M11_004(3pm)