Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris CMOS settings on SUN V20Z from Solaris10 Post 302090784 by izy100 on Wednesday 27th of September 2006 12:25:21 PM
Old 09-27-2006
I think you can go to /boot dir and edit some files there.
Think the file is something like bootenv.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cmos check sums

not entirely unix orientated but.... anyway i've got an old 486dx? 100 that i'll looking to turn into a unix running machine. But everytime i turn it on it comes up with and invalid CMOS checksum, after i've been into the set up and reset that it works fine, tried a new batter and that didn't sort... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevox
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

EISA CMOS checksum error

I have a UNIX server w/an Adaptec aha-2740 card and i keep getting this error during post: EISA CMOS checksum error. It then tries to boot from the floppy. Upon researching this problem i found that it could be one of two things. Either it is the battery on the m/b (which i have all but ruled out),... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlee35
3 Replies

3. Solaris

SUN Solaris10 DVD

Hello All, Please let me know how to order free sun sloaris10 dvd from sun microsystem? Prashant (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashant_ohol
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Solaris10

hi to all, I am newuser can anyone tell me from where i get the sun solaris 10 dumps. plz mail me at (no email addresses - read the RULES of these forums) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickgun
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris10

Hi All How can we verify if any of the parameters we have change in Solaris10 after reboot. Like is there any command? Please advice Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran721
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Solaris 10 FTP settings

Hi, I have a question, I have a legacy windows application that download files using FTP..The server previously was a Windows based server but it was upgraded to Sun Solaris 10. And that was when the application stopped working. After a long time of troubleshooting, I might have found that the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian12988
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How to obtain DNS Zone transfer settings on Sun OS 5.7

I have an old Sun SparcStation 5 that is running Sun OS 5.7, I'm not sure which commands would allow me to obtain the DNS zone transfer settings? 1.) I'm needing to know if the zone transfers are enabled. 2.) If it is enabled, does it transfer to specific servers 3.) If so, how do I go about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fhistleb
1 Replies

8. Hardware

Sun fire 4270 reset BIOS settings after reboot

Hello, I am trying to perform Suse 10 SP3 installation via network in 6 Sun Fire 4270 M2 servers. The problem is that even if i set first prio boot device the hard disk the system always try to boot from network.And after the first restart the BIOS setting has been lost(and PXE come first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

9. Solaris

V20z terribly loud - firmware update?

Hello there! I am familiar with Linux, FreeBSD, but relatively new to Solaris. Because I wanted to play a little with servers and networks, I got a used SunFire v20z with AMD Opteron processors and installed OpenIndiana 151a8 on top of that. This is the first machine of this kind I have ever... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guru987
1 Replies
DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)						Debian Build System						 DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
dbs-edit-patch - Edit a DBS patch SYNOPSIS
dbs-edit-patch [options] patch dbs-edit-patch -h|--help DESCRIPTION
dbs-edit-patch is script to generate or modify patches for Debian source-packages in DBS format. WARNING
dbs is deprecated, please switch to the `3.0 (quilt)' Debian source package format instead. See http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/Deb- Src3.0#FAQ for a short guide how to do it. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -t dir, --tmpdir=dir Directory for the temporary files, default is /tmp or if set $TMP. -s dir, --sourcedir=dir Top level directory of the debian-package source-tree, default is the present working directory. -P dir, --sourcepatchdir=dir Directory containing upstream patches. -T dir, --sourcetardir=dir Directory containing the upstream tarball. -p level, --strip=level Striplevel -p of patch (Option -p of diff(1)), accepted values are 0 and 1, default is 0. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TMP Sets the directory for the temporary files, can be overridden with -t dir. debian/vars dbs-edit-patch will automatically use variables defined in the optional debian/vars file. When a file debian/vars.in exists and debian/vars either does not exist or is older than any of the following files: debian/vars.in, debian/changelog, debian/rules or debian/control, then dbs-edit-patch will try updating the vars file by running the following command make -f debian/rules -W debian/vars.in debian/vars EXAMPLES
Edit the 021_debian patch of Heimdal: ~/heimdal-0.3d> dbs-edit-patch -t/tmp 021_debian Extracting source heimdal-0.3d.tar.gz ... successful. Applying patch 001_replay ... successful. etc. Copying heimdal-0.3d to heimdal-0.3d-old ... successful. Applying patch 021_debian ... successful. Edit files under /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d as required, then put a short description into /tmp/021_debian/patch-description if desired, and finally execute /tmp/021_debian/dbs-update-patch to save the results. Technical note: dbs-edit-patch extracts all patches before 021_debian into /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d, copies the result to /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d-old, and applies the last patch 021_debian (if it exists). Also, it creates a shell script which will create the diff between the old and new directories: ~/heimdal-0.3d> ls -la /tmp/021_debian total 12 -rwxr-xr-x 1 bam users 112 Jan 31 13:31 dbs-update-patch* -rw-r--r-- 1 bam users 0 Jan 31 13:31 patch-description drwxr-xr-x 14 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 heimdal-0.3d/ drwxr-xr-x 14 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 heimdal-0.3d-old/ drwxr-xr-x 5 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 .stampdir/ ~/heimdal-0.3d> cat /tmp/021_debian/dbs-update-patch #!/bin/sh -e cd "/tmp/021_debian" HOOK_DIR="/usr/src/heimdal/debian/dbs-hooks" test -d "$HOOK_DIR" && run-parts "$HOOK_DIR" --arg update-patch-prediff find -name "*.bak" -print0 | xargs -0 --no-run-if-empty rm find -name "*~" -print0 | xargs -0 --no-run-if-empty rm : > new_patch test ! -e patch-description || cp patch-description new_patch diff -ruN heimdal-0.3d-old heimdal-0.3d >> new_patch || test $? -eq 1 mv new_patch /usr/src/heimdal/debian/patches/021_debian test -d "$HOOK_DIR" && run-parts "$HOOK_DIR" --arg update-patch-postdiff SEE ALSO
diff(1), dbs(7), /usr/share/doc/dbs/ AUTHOR
DBS was written by Adam Heath, modified by Ben Collins, modified and packaged for Debian by Brian May. This manpage was generated by Andreas Metzler and modified by Robert Luberda. Debian February 15th, 2011 DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)