Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: High cpu load average
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat High cpu load average Post 302090737 by squid04 on Wednesday 27th of September 2006 08:07:39 AM
Old 09-27-2006
Thanx pal

Hi Corrona,
Thanx for rply

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Application high CPU load

after a long period of running, the network application's CPU load in our syst em increase slowly, the failed at the end. we use "truss" tool to trace the process, found that it processes something like "semop" ,"semctl","thread_waitlock","kread" kernel call . The trace log file looks like the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining cause behind high load average

How to determine what is causing high load average in a system? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

High load average troubleshoot

Hi all, hope you can help me. I'm getting high load average and can't find a reason for this, please share your inputs. load average: 7.78, 7.50, 7.31 Tasks: 330 total, 1 running, 329 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie Cpu0 : 7.0%us, 1.0%sy, 0.0%ni, 23.9%id, 0.0%wa, 38.9%hi,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erick_tuk
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart debian server if one specific process has more than 10 seconds have high cpu load

Hi, could someone give me an example for a debian server script? I need to check a process if the process has a high cpu load (top). If yes the whole server needs to reboot. Thats it, nothing more. ;) Hope someone could help me. Regards woisch (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woisch
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Load average in a multi CPU machine

I had the query as to whether the load average in a multi CPU machine should be (load average/no of CPUs) We have 4 CPU on our VMware RHEL instance, so the load average should be Load average/4. I hope, my question is clear. Please revert with the reply to my query. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

High load average in idle state

With linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2199.nptlsmp (I know, it's very old) Sometimes Load average increases to big value (over 7) but my 4 vCPU are in idle state (5% busy every cpu). My web procedure was gone down so I found out that process (with 4732 process id, see my following output) was in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zio_mangrovia
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

High Load average | vmstat hints what ?

TOP: top - 17:09:39 up 47 days, 1:34, 13 users, load average: 6.54, 10.96, 11.27 Tasks: 274 total, 3 running, 271 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie Cpu0 : 6.0%us, 44.9%sy, 0.0%ni, 48.8%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.3%si, 0.0%st Cpu1 : 6.3%us, 44.4%sy, 0.0%ni, 48.0%id, 0.3%wa, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Help me Solaris 10&11 cpu load average states for 24 hours report

need to capture the following data on an hourly basis without cronjob scheduling in Solaris 5.10/5.11:- 1. load averages 2. Total no. of processes. 3. CPU state 4. Memory 5. Top 3 process details. any other third-party tool is available? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoranam
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have a 12 core Linux cpu but the load is really high on this box, hovering around 50.

I have a 12 core linux cpu but the load is really high on this box, hovering around 50. What configuration changes do we need to make so that system have no bottleneck. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
13 Replies
TLOAD(1)							Linux User's Manual							  TLOAD(1)

NAME
tload - graphic representation of system load average SYNOPSIS
tload [-V] [-s scale] [ -d delay ] [tty] DESCRIPTION
tload prints a graph of the current system load average to the specified tty (or the tty of the tload process if none is specified). Options The -s scale option allows a vertical scale to be specified for the display (in characters between graph ticks); thus, a smaller value rep- resents a larger scale, and vice versa. The -d delay sets the delay between graph updates in seconds. FILES
/proc/loadavg load average information SEE ALSO
ps(1), top(1), uptime(1), w(1) BUGS
The -d delay option sets the time argument for an alarm(2); if -d 0 is specified, the alarm is set to 0, which will never send the SIGALRM and update the display. AUTHORS
Branko Lankester, David Engel <david@ods.com>, and Michael K. Johnson <johnsonm@redhat.com>. Please send bug reports to <albert@users.sf.net> Cohesive Systems 20 Mar 1993 TLOAD(1)