Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Addition with the prefixing zeros included Post 302090711 by tayyabq8 on Wednesday 27th of September 2006 04:16:27 AM
Old 09-27-2006
What about this:
Code:
read variable
zeros=`echo $variable | sed 's/\(0*\)[1-9]*/\1/'`
y=`expr $variable + 1`
print $zeros$y

Regards,
Tayyab

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

prefixing filenames

Hi,:cool: I have a list of files in a directory.I need to store them in a file with the prefix of @ by using a command.. ex:@p_po.plb @p_ebiz_roster_data.plb any idea pls. cheers RRK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV formatting with prefixing, appending and padding field

Hi I have a very large csv file with some hundreds of thousands of rows of data. The data is in the following format: Up to four alpha numeric characters for the first word. This is either set as 2 characters followed by 2 spaces, or as a single 4character word. This is then followed by an 8... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meself
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching a pattern in a file & prefixing a word

Hi, In my shell script i have to match a patten in a file , if found i have to prefix the entair line by a "word" eg. pattern = "aaa" prefix= #123 file: bbbb xxx zzzz aaaa qqqq kkkk outPut file: bbbb xxx ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivarajM
5 Replies

4. Solaris

What update level included fcinfo?

Hi all first post here. quick question what Solaris 10 update level included this utility? I have a bunch of Sun boxes at varying levels of Solaris 10 some have it some do not. When I do my install I take the full option for the packages to install on all the systems. thanks in advance... Mike (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike_243us
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rm -rf file.txt~ included in the first step?

I need to shred and delete a file after a certain time. Therefore I use shred -z /path/to/file.txt | rm -rf /path/to/file.txtIt works well, but typing in that very directory ls -shiI still see the so called backup-copy lets say file.txt~ When running bleachbit it will disappear thoroughly.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Date included

#!/usr/bin/ksh # This script reads the *.rpt files created by xenos during job execution. # The job name, jobid, number of pages processed and pdf files created for each job # are added to the xenoshistory.txt file Currently the ouput file looks like this but I need a date where the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcarosi
3 Replies
set(n)							       Tcl Built-In Commands							    set(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
set - Read and write variables SYNOPSIS
set varName ?value? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns the value of variable varName. If value is specified, then set the value of varName to value, creating a new variable if one doesn't already exist, and return its value. If varName contains an open parenthesis and ends with a close parenthesis, then it refers to an array element: the characters before the first open parenthesis are the name of the array, and the characters between the parentheses are the index within the array. Otherwise varName refers to a scalar variable. Normally, varName is unqualified (does not include the names of any containing namespaces), and the variable of that name in the current namespace is read or written. If varName includes names- pace qualifiers (in the array name if it refers to an array element), the variable in the specified namespace is read or written. If no procedure is active, then varName refers to a namespace variable (global variable if the current namespace is the global namespace). If a procedure is active, then varName refers to a parameter or local variable of the procedure unless the global command was invoked to declare varName to be global, or unless a variable command was invoked to declare varName to be a namespace variable. SEE ALSO
expr(n), proc(n), trace(n), unset(n) KEYWORDS
read, write, variable Tcl set(n)