Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how other user cannot read my script? Post 302090693 by happyv on Wednesday 27th of September 2006 02:05:52 AM
Old 09-27-2006
thank you...
also, can i hide the directory or file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getline to read input from a user

Hi, The gcc compiler has warned about using gets(), so I've been trying my hand at getline. Problem is that I've been able to read from a file, but what I really need is to read from a user's input. I want to use getline like a scanf() command, but I can't figure what to substitute for the fp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdsd
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Specifying read on dir user?

If I have a number of users all in the same group. How do I give read only access to some of them on everyone elses home directory. Is it possible if they are all in the same group?? So user1,2,3,4 can have read/execute on user1-5 home directory, but user5 can only read only have read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sniff
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data

hi all, I have this file with some user data. example: $cat myfile.txt FName|LName|Gender|Company|Branch|Bday|Salary|Age aaaa|bbbb|male|cccc|dddd|19900814|15000|20| eeee|asdg|male|gggg|ksgu|19911216||| aara|bdbm|male|kkkk|acke|19931018||23| asad|kfjg|male|kkkc|gkgg|19921213|14000|24|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Bash piped while-read and a read user input at the same time

Hi I am new to writing script and want to use a Bash Piped while-read and read from user input. if something happens on server.log then do while loop or if something happend on user input then do while loop. Pseudocode something like: tail -n 3 -f server.log | while read serverline || read... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MyMorris
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read-only user in AIX

Hi, I want to create a new user,and I want to give read permission to a folder which owned by root. How can I do this? thanks for your helps (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sersoy
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read Only user in Vsftpd

HI I have set up vsftp on my Red hat server. Chroot has been set up to control access to each user and folder directories. This all works fine. But i have one directory where i want to chroot but ensure that the ftp access is read only. Any help appreciated thanks Treds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treds
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to read user input

I am creating a bash that uses perl . The below code closes before the input is entered. If I run the perl as a .pl it is fine. What am I doing wrong? Thank you :). #!/bin/bash cd 'C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\wget' wget -O getCSV.txt http://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx/data/getCSV.csv print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Other user should not read the file but can execute

Hi, I have one script for which I want that other user should not read the script file but can execute. Is there any method ? I tried by giving 711 but it gives Permission denied to other users. For Generic User id as a work around , I have created alias in .bashrc file and other user... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the USER Quota in SSH

How the User Quota query from an SSH access to Linux Shell. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
5 Replies
oggz-diff(1)						      General Commands Manual						      oggz-diff(1)

NAME
oggz-diff -- Hexdump the packets of two Ogg files and output differences SYNOPSIS
oggz-diff [options] [OGGZDUMP_OPTIONS] [DIFF_OPTIONS] file1.ogg file2.ogg options: [--verbose ] [-v | --version ] [-h | --help ] OGGZDUMP_OPTIONS: [-b | --binary ] [-x | --hexadecimal ] [-c content-type | --content-type content-type ] [-s serialno | --serialno serialno ] [-O | --hide-offset ] [-S | --hide-serialno ] [-G | --hide-granulepos ] [-P | --hide-packetno ] DIFF_OPTIONS: [-q | --brief ] [-C NUM | --context[=NUM] ] [-u | -U NUM | --unified[=NUM] ] [-e | --ed ] [--normal ] [--rcs ] [-y | --side-by-side ] [-l | --paginate ] Description oggz-diff is a sh script which uses oggz-dump to generate hexadecimal packet dumps of each input file, then outputs the difference between these dumps using diff. Options oggz-diff forwards a subset of options accepted by oggz-dump and diff. See oggz-dump(1) and diff(1) for more detail. oggz-dump format options -b, --binary Generate a binary dump of each packet -x, --hexadeciaml Generate a hexadecimal dump of each packet oggz-dump filtering options -c content-type, --content-type content-type Dump only the logical bitstreams for a specific content-type. Run oggz-known-codecs(1) for a full list of codecs known by the installed version of oggz. -s serialno, --serialno serialno Dump only the logical bitstream with specified serialno. -O, --hide-offset Hide the byte offset field of the preamble for each packet dumped. This is particularly useful when comparing Ogg bitstreams that differ only in page structure. -S, --hide-serialno Hide the serialno field of the preamble for each packet dumped. This is particularly useful when comparing Ogg bitstreams that differ only in serialno assignment. -G, --hide-granulepos Hide the granulepos field of the preamble for each packet dumped. -P, --hide-packetno Hide the packetno field of the preamble for each packet dumped. diff options The -w (--ignore-all-space) option to diff is always implied. -q, --brief Output only whether files differ. -C NUM, --context[=NUM] Output NUM lines of copied context. -u, -U NUM, --unified[=NUM] Output NUM (default 3) lines of unified context. -e, --ed Output an ed script. --normal Output a normal diff. --rcs Output an RCS format diff. -y, --side-by-side Output in two columns. -l, --paginate Pass the output through pr to paginate it. Miscellaneous options --verbose Display verbose messages. -v, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. AUTHOR
Conrad Parker COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 CSIRO Australia SEE ALSO
oggz-dump(1), diff(1), patch(1) oggz-diff(1)