Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting hi..all..pls...help..!!..profile scripting.. Post 302090021 by blowtorch on Friday 22nd of September 2006 04:30:45 AM
Old 09-22-2006
The script looks ok, have you tried to telnet to the server with the script in place? Is it letting you through?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. SCO

Difference between .profile and .~/.profile

what is the difference between these two lines, if we use it in korn shell script: .profile .~/.profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maneesh mehta
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP me PLS... Simple Scripting!

this is my script.... SQL> select * from dba_profiles 2 where resource_name in ('FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS','PASSWORD_LOCK_TIME') 3 order by profile; and this is the output... PROFILE RESOURCE_NAME RESOURCE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liezer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP PLS!! Shell Scripting!!

Dear All, forgive me as i am a complete beginner in shell scripting in UNIX. I have a file with data similair to the following 8 McDonalds Sandwich 1.99 9 Mcdonalds Fries 1.20 13 McDonalds Milkshake 1.20 7 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary_xxx
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pls help me in scripting

i want to write a script that if the time is 8 then it give a message that the time is 8 and if it is 9-10 then it gives a message that time to go to office like that. can any one help me? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
3 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting : pls help me

I have an input file in this format (shown below). I have to select the lines which doesnt followed by 'miR-" and to save such lines into an output file. For easy identification they are shown here in blue color. They have to be selected. Pls. help me to write a shell script to select those lines... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Scripting wpa_supplicant for multi-profile selection

Hi all. So, first of all my apologies for the noob question. I've searched around for a way to make use of bash arrays to perform what I need, but I'm struggling to understand which method would be better. So, I'm looking to get a bit more comfortable with scripting, hoping to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Techbart
1 Replies
profile(4)                                                         File Formats                                                         profile(4)

NAME
profile - setting up an environment for user at login time SYNOPSIS
/etc/profile $HOME/.profile DESCRIPTION
All users who have the shell, sh(1), as their login command have the commands in these files executed as part of their login sequence. /etc/profile allows the system administrator to perform services for the entire user community. Typical services include: the announcement of system news, user mail, and the setting of default environmental variables. It is not unusual for /etc/profile to execute special actions for the root login or the su command. The file $HOME/.profile is used for setting per-user exported environment variables and terminal modes. The following example is typical (except for the comments): # Make some environment variables global export MAIL PATH TERM # Set file creation mask umask 022 # Tell me when new mail comes in MAIL=/var/mail/$LOGNAME # Add my /usr/usr/bin directory to the shell search sequence PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin # Set terminal type TERM=${L0:-u/n/k/n/o/w/n} # gnar.invalid while : do if [ -f ${TERMINFO:-/usr/share/lib/terminfo}/?/$TERM ] then break elif [ -f /usr/share/lib/terminfo/?/$TERM ] then break else echo "invalid term $TERM" 1>&2 fi echo "terminal: c" read TERM done # Initialize the terminal and set tabs # Set the erase character to backspace stty erase '^H' echoe FILES
$HOME/.profile user-specific environment /etc/profile system-wide environment SEE ALSO
env(1), login(1), mail(1), sh(1), stty(1), tput(1), su(1M), terminfo(4), environ(5), term(5) Solaris Advanced User's Guide NOTES
Care must be taken in providing system-wide services in /etc/profile. Personal .profile files are better for serving all but the most global needs. SunOS 5.10 20 Dec 1992 profile(4)