Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Editing a post doesn't work. Generates Errors. Post 302089791 by daJabberwocky on Wednesday 20th of September 2006 08:43:21 PM
Old 09-20-2006
Editing a post doesn't work. Generates Errors.

Editing a post doesn't work. Generates Errors.
daJabberwocky

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bc: scope doesn't work for me

I am trying to use bc to calculate the difference between two nano second time stamps. bc does the calculation but seems to ignore the scale option: micro_start=$(date +%s.%N) # .. some stuff happens here micro_stop=$(date +%s.%N) TOT=$(echo "scale=3; $micro_stop - $micro_start" | bc)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LostInTheWoods
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

my script doesn't work :(

i have this script and when i ejecute it, the console tell me this " sintax error line 41 unexpected element "}" " is the sintaxis ok? #!/bin/bash if ;then { exit 0; } if ; then { sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start; sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start; php5 & nautilus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keiserx
3 Replies

5. Solaris

There is gcc but doesn't work !!

gcc packages are installed as is seen. # pkginfo | grep -i gcc system SUNWgcc gcc - The GNU C compiler system SUNWgccruntime GCC Runtime libraries # There is gcc in /usr/sfw/bin but It doesn't work. # gcc bash: gcc: command not found... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

My if statement doesn't work why?

I have the following and for some reason I can't have two options together. I mean if I choose -u and -p it won't work... why? #!/bin/bash resetTime=1 mytotalTime=0 totalHour=0 totalMin=0 averagemem=0 finalaverage=0 times=0 function usage() { cat << EOF USAGE: $0 file EOF } (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies
ppmhist(1)						      General Commands Manual							ppmhist(1)

NAME
ppmhist - print a histogram of a portable pixmap SYNOPSIS
ppmhist [-hexcolor] [-noheader] [-map] [-nomap] [-sort={frequency,rgb}] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a PPM image as input. Generates a histogram of the colors in the image, i.e. a list of all the colors and how many pixels of each color are in the image. OPTIONS
-sort={frequency,rgb} The -sort option determines the order in which the colors are listed in the output. frequency means to list them in order of how pixels in the input image have the color, with the most represented colors first. rgb means to sort them first by the intensity of the red component of the color, the of the green, then of the blue, with the least intense first. The default is frequency. -hexcolor Print the color components in hexadecimal. Default is decimal. -noheader Do not print the column headings. -map Generates a PPM file of the colormap for the image, with the color histogram as comments. -nomap Generates the histogram for human reading. This is the default. SEE ALSO
ppm(5), pgmhist(1), ppmtomap(1), pnmhistmap(1), ppmchange(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 17 September 2000 ppmhist(1)