Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help on shell scripts execution Post 302089368 by Andrek on Tuesday 19th of September 2006 01:07:43 AM
Old 09-19-2006
Have you looked to see if there are hidden characters in your script name?
You could check by doing somthing like

#ls | cat -v

If you see odd stuff in your name then that could be why?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution of shell script

How can I execute another shell script from one? Malay (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
5 Replies

2. AIX

Difference between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts

Hi, Please give me the detailed Differences between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts. Thanks in advance..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripts execution

hello everybody: i think this is really quite of dummy question. after I write a new script, and give it the execute permission. some times its just enough to call its name to run the script , other times I need to include ksh or ./ScriptName . so how I can make all my scripts run by just... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts fails if you change its code during the execution.

So a script is working properly (tested many times) , then you add a new fine piece of code ,finaly its fails generally with a syntax error at the last line of the script. :confused:... does anybody why this happens? >uname -a HP-UX test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klashxx
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Questions on shell execution

Hi, I have a question regarding Korn shell script execution in HP-UX 11.11. What sort of environmental settings do I need to run a Korn shell script such as below without entering "./" at the begining of the command? cat test.ksh date I am able to do this with a user called infodba who... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution difference in perl scripts for windows / AIX

Hi, I have perl script abc.pl which runs perfectly fine on windows ( execution from cmd). Now i tried to execute the same perl module on the AIX server after defining the captureoutput.pm and other relevant changes. But its behaving very weirdly as a portion of the URL which is formed by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slayer0611
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell execution

hi, Pls bare with me if this is trivial. Is it possible to run a korn shell with out specifying the name with its extensiion? Do i need to make any changes to the script make it work? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem in running multiple scripts

hi all, I have 3 individual scripts to perform the task . 2nd script should run only after the 1st script and 3rd script must run only after first 2 scripts are executed successfully. i want to have a single script that calls all this 3 scripts .this single script should execute the 2nd script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul619
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check sub scripts execution?

I have a shell script which is used to get the input and have another shell script (a sub script) at the end of this shell script which is used to upload the inputs in the Oracle database. I can check the execution status of the parent script using sh -x script.sh. but this command doesn't show the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxman
1 Replies
gnomevfs-cat(1) 						   User Commands						   gnomevfs-cat(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-cat - print a file to standard output using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-cat URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-cat is obsolete. It has been superseded by gvfs-cat. See gvfs-cat(1). gnomevfs-cat prints a file to standard output using the virtual file system to access the file via a URI. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the file location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Cat a File From a Web Server example% gnomevfs-cat http://www.sun.com Example 2: Cat a Local File example% gnomevfs-cat file:///home/user/README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-cat Executable to print a file to standard output using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Obsolete Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-copy(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1), gvfs-cat(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.11 14 May 2008 gnomevfs-cat(1)