Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do i remove the unneccesary output ? Post 302089354 by Raynon on Monday 18th of September 2006 10:00:19 PM
Old 09-18-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowtorch
Change the line
Code:
ftp -n 10.80.12.18<<XX

to
Code:
ftp -n 10.80.12.18<<XX > /dev/null

Hi torch, thanks alot!! It works!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help:how to remove headers in output file

Hi I am running a script (which compares two directory contents) for which I am getting an output of 70 pages in which few pages are blank so I was able to delete those blank lines. But I also want to delete the headers present for each page. can any one help me by providing the code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj_thota
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Garbage Output

Hello Friends, In a script i m using different temporary file and i remove them in the end. During script execution i have some garbage output which is not required. For example: Garbage Output ++ rm temp_out temp_a temp_b temp_c ++ rm Filter1 Filter2 Script : Even i am redirecting rm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Double Value at Latest Output

Hello all, I have file like this: input.dat: 3778 10000 25 3778 10001 26 3778 10002 29 3779 10000 30 3779 10010 31 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove area code using from awk output

I am back again with one more question, so I have a phonebook file with names, phone#s for example: smith, joe 123-456-7890 using awk I want to display all entries with a specific area code. here 's what i have tried so far: awk '$2~/^123/ {print}' phonebook I can't figure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nirav4
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove error code in output

Hi, i have the below code that will compare the value from 2 variables: ./wlst.sh JMSmon.py > out.dat w=`sed -e 's/\(.*!\)\(.*\)\(, Queue.*$\)/\2/' out.dat | awk '/'$1'/{n=0;{print $n}}'|head -n 1` if then x=`sed -e 's/\(.*!\)\(.*\)\(, Queue.*$\)/\2/' out.dat | awk '/'$1'/{n=2;next}n{print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scripter123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Want to remove output from a command

Hi, I'm on AIX 5.2. I wrote a script that makes a traceroute to a host. The script works fine but each time it using the traceroute command its generate the 2 output lines. this is the command in my script traceroute -n -m 5 -w 2 $Host | grep 172 | awk '{print $2}' | tail -1 traceroute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extra Space in output - remove

Hi All I am trying to perform the below operation -count=`cat abc.txt | wc -l` echo$count 5 Head=Start"$DATE"00000"$count"File echo $HEAD START15020300000 5File There is a space coming before 5 which is not needed . How to ignore that . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from output in files using awk

I have two large files (~250GB) that I am trying to remove the where GT: 0/0 or 1/1 or 2/2 for both files. I was going to use a bash with the below awk, which I think will find each line but how do I remove that line is that condition is found? Thank you :). Input 20 60055 . A ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove filename from output file?

Hello, I am trying to print searched multiple keywords in multiple files. It is almost okay with the code but the code puts filename in front of each line. How may I get rid of it? -grep -A1 'word1' *.txt | grep -A1 'word2' | grep -A1 'word3' I expect: Real outcome: How may I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] remove some entries from output

Hello everyone, I have the following script sudo lshw -class disk | egrep -E "product|logical name|size:" | awk ' {print;} NR % 3 == 0 { print ""; }' This is the current output on my machine product: BUP Slim SL logical name: /dev/sdh size: 1863GiB (2TB) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soichiro
4 Replies
IPESCRIPT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      IPESCRIPT(1)

NAME
ipescript - Run an Ipe script (written in Lua) SYNOPSIS
ipescript script { arguments } DESCRIPTION
ipescript runs an Ipe script written in Lua. The Ipe bindings are automatically available in the script. Ipescript looks for the script in any of the script directories. The script argument should not contain the .lua extension. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
ipescript respects the following environment variables: IPELATEXDIR the directory where ipetoipe runs Pdflatex. IPESCRIPTS a list of directories where Ipescript will look for scripts. When this variable is not set, Ipe searches first the current directory, then ~/.ipe/scripts, and finally the system-wide Ipe script directory. When this variable is set, it should contain a list of directories, separated by semicolons. A single under- score is replaced by the system-wide Ipe script directory. IPEDEBUG set this to 1 for debugging output from ipescript. AUTHOR
Otfried Cheong REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs using Ipe bugzilla at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/bugzilla.html SEE ALSO
Ipe is documented fully in The Ipe Manual, which is available online at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual.html . August 28, 2011 IPESCRIPT(1)