Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A newbie with a problem in A date Script Post 302089236 by mercy on Monday 18th of September 2006 08:18:39 AM
Old 09-18-2006
[offtop]
horror Image Image Image
[/offtop]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie problem with ksh script

Hi all, I have a directory have all of the .stat and .dat file : they are is a pipe separate flat file. Example: log-20061202.stat contain 1st line and last line of log-20061202.dat with record count of that day. Example: Total record = 240 Tom|02-12-2006|1600 W.Santa... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie convert date ksh

If I have start = 02282006; end = 03152006; How do I get startdate = 02/28/2006; enddate = 03/15/2006; Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: britney
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help - newbie (date)

Hi I need help to write a script to do following: Sample Input file1: 07-01-08 08:48:07:982 INFO .... 07-01-08 08:49:07:982 DETAIL ..... 07-01-08 08:50:14:982 INFO ..... 07-01-08 08:51:23:982 DETAIL ..... 07-01-08 08:52:57:982 INFO ..... 07-01-08 08:53:01:982 DETAIL ..... 07-01-09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mel_2008
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie problem with simple script to create a directory

script is: dirname= "$(date +%b%d)_$(date +%H%M)" mkdir $dirname should create a directory named Nov4_ Instead I get the following returned: root@dchs-pint-001:/=>./test1 ./test1: Nov04_0736: not found. Usage: mkdir Directory ... root@dchs-pint-001:/=> TOO easy, but what am I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwfay
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem - script that parses $date data...

This is probably archaic, but I'm new to unix and this is my first shell script. I'm writing this script to use in another script. All I am trying to do is make the parts of the output from date usable in my other script. I was wondering if you could stand looking at this and see if you notice... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dalcron
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date Script problem for year cross over

Hello, I'm very new to script writing - everything I have I got off the Internet. I'm pretty sure I stole this date script from this site. Anyway, the script works great until I try to obtain a date that falls into last year. I can get 'Dec 31, 2009' but nothing earlier. Below is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colel2
3 Replies

7. Programming

Date time problem while executing perl script.

Hi All, This Monday 15th March 2010, i have faced a weired issue with my Perl script execution, this script is scheduled to run at 1 minute past midnight on daily basis ( 00:01 EST ) generally for fetching previous business date , say if it is Monday it should give last Friday date, for Tuesday... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravimishra
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

php date script problem

i want to store the output of date into a variable and be able to echo out that variable in a sentence. but the below isn't working. <?php #$date_time = date('Y-m-d H:i:s'); putenv("TZ=US/Eastern"); date_time = "date('h:i:s')."\n""; echo ("<li>Today's date is: ($date_time)</li>\n"); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script newbie, what is problem with my script?

Hello, Ubuntu server 11.10 can anybody help what is problem with my shell script? #!/bin/bash #script to find out currently logged on user is root or not. if ] then echo "You are super" else echo "You are awesome!" fi When I run script, I get following output ./uid: line 3: I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaustubh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with date on bash script

i am beginner in bash scripting and i am looking for a command that gives me one minute ago. i am working on unix ware7 and i cant use date -d or date --date command thanks for help !! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rezasadeghi
4 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.10.0 2008-04-04 SIEVESHELL(1)