Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ideas for perl script - strings,conditionals..etc Post 302089108 by sharatz83 on Sunday 17th of September 2006 03:41:13 AM
Old 09-17-2006
ideas for perl script - strings,conditionals..etc

I have a matrix , how do I compare all the elements of a column , lets say I want to check if the columns contain the alphabets "S","H","A","R","A","T".
and not "X"s.

Lets say matrix looks something like this ..

SSSXSH
HHXXHA
AAXXAT
RRRXRS
AAXTAR
TTTTTA

I can hard code it where $AA[0][$j] , $AA[1][$j] , $AA[2][$j] .. is the row and column ... like this ..

for($j=0;$j<$len;$j++){
if($AA[0][$j] eq "what goes here??" && $AA[1][$j] eq "A" && $AA[2][$j] eq "A"){
print "blah blah \n";
exit;}
else{}
}

what I would like to do is put it in 2 for loops like this...

for($i=0;$i<3;$i++){
for($j=0;$j<$len;$j++){
if($AA[$i][$j] eq one of the characters S,H,A,R,A,T..what I do here??? ){
print "blah blah \n";
exit;}
else{}
}
}

Tips ideas and code are welcome.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we pass an array of strings from a Perl Program to a Shell Script?

Hi Folks, The subject is my question: Can we pass an array of strings from a Perl Program to a Shell Script? Please provide some sample code. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:43 PM ---------- I got it. Its here:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in perl script

HI all, These are examples of the original value from a variable $abc can be FastEthernet1/0 GigabitEthernet3/1 Serial1/0 If $abc is FastEthernet*/* (where * can be any number), replace $abc value to fa*/* (same number as the original value). GigabitEthernet becomes ga*/* and Serial... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH script problem using find, ideas?

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to search through my computer and find all .jpg files and put them all in a directory. So far I have this: for i in `find /home -name '*.jpg' ` ; do mv $i home/allen/Pictures/PicturesFound ; done When I run it, I get this error (this is only part of it, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FortressPTH
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script in perl for removing strings between a file

I have file that looks like: ATOM 2517 O VAL 160 8.337 12.679 -2.487 ATOM 2518 OXT VAL 160 7.646 12.461 -0.386 TER ATOM 2519 N VAL 161 -14.431 5.789 -25.371 ATOM 2520 H1 VAL 161 -15.336 5.698 -25.811 ATOM 2521 H2 VAL 161 -13.416 10.529 17.708 ATOM 2522 H3 VAL 161 -14.363 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanikasharma
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to delimit size of strings

Hello, I have a huge file of over 2,00,00,00 strings in UTF8 format. I have managed to write a script in Perl which sorts them neatly as per their Unicode ranges. However I am now stuck with a script which will pipe out all strings between 3 and 20 letters/characters. I am not very good at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need ideas in shell script

Hi Gurus, I need a simple logic idea what can be done in the below shell script. I written a script to do a automated maintenance work on every month of 15th and I have scheduled it through the crontab. I need to send an alert email to the user before 24 hrs of that maintenance script run.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
5 Replies

7. Programming

Perl script to merge cells in column1 which has same strings, for all sheets in a excel workbook

Perl script to merge cells ---------- Post updated at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:54 AM ---------- I am using below code to read files from a dir and print to excel. open(my $in, '<', $file) or die "Could not open file: $!"; my $rowCount = 0; my $colCount = 0;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jack_Bruce
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Distributing script projects, suggestions/ideas?

Heyas If you recall, not too long ago, i was asking about the GNU Autotools. The feedback on that was almost unisense, and me figured that it turned my (back then) +98% SHELL project into a +73% GROFF project... :( Felt a bit overhelmed, specialy since i didnt actualy use or need the true... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script no conditionals

Hello, pro scripters, noob here, I am complete noob in this and I have to write a program which: Calculates the modulus of two numbers which the user enters with keyboard. Number interval 1-9. These two numbers that were entered and modulus which was calculated are stored in a separate file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IrmantasID
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to find process and exclude strings from the output

Hi team, I'm a newbie of Perl Script and looking to create a simple perl script that will run in the Linux system: 1) to find process, such as ps -ef | grep process name 2) to exclude strings from the output if it found, for instance if i see abc from usr process, then will exclude it from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoffman2503
1 Replies
zgeqrt2.f(3)							      LAPACK							      zgeqrt2.f(3)

NAME
zgeqrt2.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine zgeqrt2 (M, N, A, LDA, T, LDT, INFO) ZGEQRT2 Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine zgeqrt2 (integerM, integerN, complex*16, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, complex*16, dimension( ldt, * )T, integerLDT, integerINFO) ZGEQRT2 Purpose: ZGEQRT2 computes a QR factorization of a complex M-by-N matrix A, using the compact WY representation of Q. Parameters: M M is INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= N. N N is INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. A A is COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the complex M-by-N matrix A. On exit, the elements on and above the diagonal contain the N-by-N upper triangular matrix R; the elements below the diagonal are the columns of V. See below for further details. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). T T is COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDT,N) The N-by-N upper triangular factor of the block reflector. The elements on and above the diagonal contain the block reflector T; the elements below the diagonal are not used. See below for further details. LDT LDT is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array T. LDT >= max(1,N). INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Further Details: The matrix V stores the elementary reflectors H(i) in the i-th column below the diagonal. For example, if M=5 and N=3, the matrix V is V = ( 1 ) ( v1 1 ) ( v1 v2 1 ) ( v1 v2 v3 ) ( v1 v2 v3 ) where the vi's represent the vectors which define H(i), which are returned in the matrix A. The 1's along the diagonal of V are not stored in A. The block reflector H is then given by H = I - V * T * V**H where V**H is the conjugate transpose of V. Definition at line 128 of file zgeqrt2.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 zgeqrt2.f(3)