Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Why I don't get any output?
Top Forums Programming Why I don't get any output? Post 302089105 by matrixmadhan on Sunday 17th of September 2006 03:15:11 AM
Old 09-17-2006
Quote:
Hello,

thank you.
what does "rt" means at fopen line?

But, I want to to know to how to use sscanf functinality instead of strstr.

Please let me know how to extract the string with sscanf and then print it effectively. But thank you for your time. Hoping to get reply back from you.
't' - mode specifier
to open the file in text mode and not in binary mode

default is 't' when it is not specified with fopen

default value is set in _fmode in /usr/include/stdio.h

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Don't allow to editing !!!

Hi All, Assume that there is file1 file,userA and userB have got read,write and execute permission for file1. when userA open file1, userB cant change(write,editing file etc...) content of file1. after userA exit of file1 , userB can change(write, editing file etc..). Shortly i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

2. Programming

std::cout and gfortran print*, don't output to the screen

I am not sure where to post this other than here. I am trying to figure out why an app gives different output when compiled under Ubuntu 10.10 and CentOS 5.5. I am pretty sure that the issue is that the Cent version has gcc 4.1 installed, while Ubuntu has gcc 4.4. I am trying to print from some... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
20 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX -/usr/bin/expect shows output Don't know why.

Hi, I have been programming with the expect program for a while now and have create a series of menu driven checks for the operations team. One thing I have noticed is that I call a remote script and pass parameters and this is display on the screen....for example. Within the script ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakky
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command don't output anything, but file is there

Please if You can help me debug why nothing is found by this command? # echo "Zeus Robot" >> /home/vps/190/test # cat /home/vps/190/test Zeus Robot # find /home/vps -type f -mtime 2 -size -1000k -exec grep -l "Zeus Robot" {} \; >> out # cat out # cat /home/vps/190/test Zeus Robot Why... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies
fopen(3UCB)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Library Functions					       fopen(3UCB)

NAME
fopen, freopen - open a stream SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/cc[ flag ... ] file ... #include <stdio.h> FILE *fopen( file, mode); const char *file, *mode; FILE *freopen(file, mode, iop); const char *file, *mode; register FILE *iop; DESCRIPTION
The fopen() function opens the file specified by file and associates a stream with it. If the open succeeds, fopen() returns a pointer to be used to identify the stream in subsequent operations. The file argument points to a character string that contains the name of the file to be opened. The mode argument is a character string having one of the following values: r open for reading w truncate or create for writing a append: open for writing at end of file, or create for writing r+ open for update (reading and writing) w+ truncate or create for update a+ append; open or create for update at EOF The freopen() function opens the file specified by file and associates the stream pointed to by iop with it. The mode argument is used just as in fopen(). The original stream is closed, regardless of whether the open ultimately succeeds. If the open succeeds, freopen() returns the original value of iop. The freopen() function is typically used to attach the preopened streams associated withstdin, stdout, and stderr to other files. When a file is opened for update, both input and output can be performed on the resulting stream. Output cannot be directly followed by input without an intervening fseek(3C) or rewind(3C). Input cannot be directly followed by output without an intervening fseek(3C) or rewind(3C). An input operation that encounters EOF will fail. RETURN VALUES
The fopen() and freopen() functions return a NULL pointer on failure. USAGE
The fopen() and freopen() functions have transitional interfaces for 64-bit file offsets. See lf64(5). SEE ALSO
open(2), fclose(3C), fopen(3C), freopen(3C), fseek(3C), malloc(3C), rewind(3C), lf64(5) NOTES
Use of these functions should be restricted to applications written on BSD platforms. Use of these functions with any of the system libraries or in multithreaded applications is unsupported. To support the same number of open files as the system, fopen() must allocate additional memory for data structures using malloc(3C) after 64 files have been opened. This confuses some programs that use their own memory allocators. The fopen() and freopen() functions differ from the standard I/O functions fopen(3C) and freopen(3C). The standard I/O functions distin- guish binary from text files with an additional use of 'b' as part of the mode, enabling portability of fopen(3C) and freopen(3C) beyond SunOS 4.x systems. SunOS 5.10 22 Jan 1993 fopen(3UCB)