Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: freeBSD installation
Operating Systems Linux freeBSD installation Post 302088800 by AkinOkin on Thursday 14th of September 2006 12:30:42 PM
Old 09-14-2006
solved

I am thru now i got over it just now

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do u remove a messed up freebsd boot installation?

i messed up while installing freebsd into a dual os wannabe system. Now, how do i del it( so i wouldn't get prompted to choose freebsd during boot?)so that i could try installing a different flavour of linux? cheers:eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coffeecoolers
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snort installation on freebsd issues

i'm following the, "How to setup and secure Snort, MySQL and Acid on FreeBSD 4.6 Release" off of the snort.org website. in the documentation it says snort should be installed through the following: ----- make -DWITH_MYSQL -DWITH_FLEXRESP ; make install ----- later it says to do the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wi0 d-link DWL-510 installation on freebsd

hello, i have a problem installing a d-link dwl-510 wireless network card on freebsd 4.8 first, i already successfully installed a dwl- 500 (which is a pcmcia card in a pci card) by adding just a few simple lines to my /etc/rc.conf pccard_enable="YES" pccard_mem="DEFAULT"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: termiEEE
0 Replies

4. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

5. BSD

FreeBSD / KDE installation woes...

Forgive the newbie question. I've been trying to install FreeBSD 5.4 on a new AMD64 based box at work today, and I started running into problems. Maybe some background is appropriate? Here goes... I've finished the first stage of development of a model in C++ which simulates airflow through a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ForestryJim
1 Replies

6. BSD

FreeBSD Installation problems

Hi all, I'm new to the world of Unix/Linux (though not to computing in general) and I'm having a few issues installing FreeBSD (v6.2). Firstly, I realise that it's not the most user-friendly of distros, especially for newbies, but it's what I'm required to install so unfortunately I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Techmonkey
2 Replies

7. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

9. BSD

An installation script on freeBSD

Hello So i got my hands on some freebsd iso, installed it in a qcow2 image and installled git and bash. So far, so good. Git repositry retireved install script executed files got copied files have exec flag files are in $PATH / found by which / bash-completion works But still,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can't boot FreeBSD after successful installation.

This is a cross post as I haven't got any solution and I'm badly in need of one. I've installed Slackware 14.2 in /dev/sda1 and x86Solaris 10 U6 in /dev/sda3 (sda2 is Linux swap)and boot menu was Solaris grub but, later deleted Solaris partition and installed FreeBSD12 (for i386) on the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
3 Replies
gateways(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       gateways(4)

NAME
gateways - Specifies Internet routing information to the routed daemon SYNOPSIS
/etc/gateways DESCRIPTION
The /etc/gateways file identifies gateways for the routed daemon. Ordinarily, the routed daemon queries the network and builds routing tables. The routed daemon builds the tables from routing information transmitted by other hosts directly connected to the network. How- ever, there may be gateways that this command cannot identify through its queries. These unidentified gateways are known as distant gate- ways. Such gateways should be identified in the /etc/gateways file, which the routed daemon reads when it starts. The general format of an file entry in the /etc/gateways file is: Destination Name1 gateway Name2 metric Value Type The following is a brief description of each element in an /etc/gateways file entry: A keyword that indicates whether the route is to a network or to a specific host. The two possible keywords are net and host. The name associated with Destination. Name1 can be either a symbolic name (as used in the /etc/hosts or /etc/networks file) or an Internet address specified in dotted-decimal format. An indicator that the following string identifies the gateway host. The name or address of the gateway host to which messages should be forwarded. An indicator that the next string represents the hop count to the destination host or network. The hop count, or number of gateways, from the local network to the destination network. A keyword that indicates whether the gateway should be treated as active, passive, or external. The three possible keywords are as follows: An active gateway is treated like a network interface. That is, it is expected to exchange RIP (Routing Information Protocol) routing information. Information about it is maintained in the internal routing tables as long as it is active and is included in any routing information that is transmitted through RIP. If it does not respond for a period of time, the route associated with it is deleted from the internal routing tables. A passive gateway is not expected to exchange RIP routing information. Information about it is maintained in the routing tables indefinitely and is included in any routing information that is transmitted through RIP. An external gateway is identified to inform the routed daemon that another routing process will install such a route and that alternative routes to that destination should not be installed. Information about external gateways is not maintained in the internal rout- ing tables and is not transmitted through RIP. Note that these routes must be to networks. EXAMPLES
To specify a route to a network through a gateway host with an entry in the gateways file, enter: net net2 gateway host4 metric 4 passive This example specifies a route to a network, net2, through the gateway host4. The hop count metric to net2 is 4, and the gateway is treated as passive. To specify a route to a host through a gateway host with an entry in the gateways file, enter: host host2 gate- way host4 metric 4 passive This example specifies a route to a host, host2, through the gateway host4. The hop count metric to host2 is 4, and the gateway is treated as passive. To specify a route to a host through an active Internet gateway with an entry in the gateways file, enter: host host10 gateway 192.100.11.5 metric 9 active This example specifies a route to a specific host, host10, through the gateway 192.100.11.5. The hop count metric to host10 is 9 and the gateway is treated as active. To specify a route to a host through a passive Internet gateway with an entry in the gateways file, enter: host host10 gateway 192.100.11.5 metric 9 passive This example specifies a route to a specific host, host10, through the gateway 192.100.11.5. The hop metric count to host10 is 9 and the gateway is treated as passive. To specify a route to a network through an external gateway, enter a line in the following format: net net5 gateway host7 metric 11 external This example specifies a route to a network, net5, through the gateway host7. The hop count metric to net5 is 11 and the gateway is treated as external (that is, it is not advertised through RIP, but is advertised through an unspecified routing protocol). RELATED INFORMATION
Daemons: gated(8), routed(8) delim off gateways(4)