Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HELP me PLS... Simple Scripting! Post 302088730 by liezer on Thursday 14th of September 2006 05:39:38 AM
Old 09-14-2006
HELP me PLS... Simple Scripting!

this is my script....

SQL> select * from dba_profiles
2 where resource_name in ('FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS','PASSWORD_LOCK_TIME')
3 order by profile;

and this is the output...

PROFILE RESOURCE_NAME RESOURCE
------------------------------ -------------------------------- --------
LIMIT
----------------------------------------
DEFAULT FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS PASSWORD

DEFAULT PASSWORD_LOCK_TIME PASSWORD

MGR_ACCOUNT FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS PASSWORD

PROFILE RESOURCE_NAME RESOURCE
------------------------------ -------------------------------- --------
LIMIT
----------------------------------------
MGR_ACCOUNT PASSWORD_LOCK_TIME PASSWORD

MY QUESTION is HOW CAN I DO A script that would Check IF FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS is equal to 3... PLEASE HELP ME...

please talk me like im a moron.. i'm not familiar with this...
thnx in advance....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any tutorials on simple scripting?

i'm not looking for anything that deals with "if-then" scripts. i'd like something simple on how to run a series of processes. for example the following: 1. ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/ 2. lcd / 3. get pkgsrc.tar.gz 4. bye 5. cd /usr 6. rm -rf pkgsrc 7. cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple scripting question

I am new to scropting and I am just trying to work on a few simple things.... Using sh I want to do something similar to the follwoing run a simple command like a dig then I want it to get the server that it is authorotative and return it to me saying somehting like xx.xx is authorotative. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gennaro
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP PLS!! Shell Scripting!!

Dear All, forgive me as i am a complete beginner in shell scripting in UNIX. I have a file with data similair to the following 8 McDonalds Sandwich 1.99 9 Mcdonalds Fries 1.20 13 McDonalds Milkshake 1.20 7 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary_xxx
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi..all..pls...help..!!..profile scripting..

hi.. I want to customize a user in unix which could have only ftp access and NO TELNET ACCESS! ..... As being a newbie to unix to my understanding the user .profile has to be edited but if someone can explain how to edit it so that i can block telnet access for that user.....Is /etc/profile has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie250
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pls help me in scripting

i want to write a script that if the time is 8 then it give a message that the time is 8 and if it is 9-10 then it gives a message that time to go to office like that. can any one help me? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Scripting Problem

Hi there, I was trying to add a line of text in the middle line of a file. I have counted the lines in the file, and then I divide it into 2, after that I am stuck on how am I suppose to append the line on that file? When I tried to use this command 'second line >> filename' it appends it at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: felixwhoals
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple program but problem-pls Help

Hi All, I have problem in the following shell script (problem in 2and3 line i guess) #!/bin/sh set value1 = 90; set value2 = 70; if ; then echo "$value1 is normal" else echo "$value2 is abnormal" fi when executed output: $ value_test.sh (Enter) is abnormal Neither it's printing... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: user__user3110
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple scripting.

echo "what is your username?" read username echo $username echo /home/$username $backup="backup" $restore="restore" # # if then echo "No username provided" else echo "hi $username would you like to backup or restore?" read userrequest echo $userrequest if then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EwanD
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting : pls help me

I have an input file in this format (shown below). I have to select the lines which doesnt followed by 'miR-" and to save such lines into an output file. For easy identification they are shown here in blue color. They have to be selected. Pls. help me to write a shell script to select those lines... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
5 Replies
PAM_ENV.CONF(5) 						 Linux-PAM Manual						   PAM_ENV.CONF(5)

NAME
pam_env.conf - the environment variables config file DESCRIPTION
The /etc/security/pam_env.conf file specifies the environment variables to be set, unset or modified by pam_env(8). When someone logs in, this file is read and the environment variables are set according. Each line starts with the variable name, there are then two possible options for each variable DEFAULT and OVERRIDE. DEFAULT allows and administrator to set the value of the variable to some default value, if none is supplied then the empty string is assumed. The OVERRIDE option tells pam_env that it should enter in its value (overriding the default value) if there is one to use. OVERRIDE is not used, "" is assumed and no override will be done. VARIABLE [DEFAULT=[value]] [OVERRIDE=[value]] (Possibly non-existent) environment variables may be used in values using the ${string} syntax and (possibly non-existent) PAM_ITEMs may be used in values using the @{string} syntax. Both the $ and @ characters can be backslash escaped to be used as literal values values can be delimited with "", escaped " not supported. Note that many environment variables that you would like to use may not be set by the time the module is called. For example, HOME is used below several times, but many PAM applications don't make it available by the time you need it. The "#" character at start of line (no space at front) can be used to mark this line as a comment line. EXAMPLES
These are some example lines which might be specified in /etc/security/pam_env.conf. Set the REMOTEHOST variable for any hosts that are remote, default to "localhost" rather than not being set at all REMOTEHOST DEFAULT=localhost OVERRIDE=@{PAM_RHOST} Set the DISPLAY variable if it seems reasonable DISPLAY DEFAULT=${REMOTEHOST}:0.0 OVERRIDE=${DISPLAY} Now some simple variables PAGER DEFAULT=less MANPAGER DEFAULT=less LESS DEFAULT="M q e h15 z23 b80" NNTPSERVER DEFAULT=localhost PATH DEFAULT=${HOME}/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin :/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin/X11:/usr/bin/X11 Silly examples of escaped variables, just to show how they work. DOLLAR DEFAULT=$ DOLLARDOLLAR DEFAULT= OVERRIDE=$${DOLLAR} DOLLARPLUS DEFAULT=${REMOTEHOST}${REMOTEHOST} ATSIGN DEFAULT="" OVERRIDE=@ SEE ALSO
pam_env(8), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_env was written by Dave Kinchlea <kinch@kinch.ark.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_ENV.CONF(5)