Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: stacking case options
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting stacking case options Post 302088705 by forever_49ers on Thursday 14th of September 2006 12:40:48 AM
Old 09-14-2006
you mean

quit)
exit
;;

esac
done
;; # here ?!?
# program works up to here

# if I choose any of the options below I get an error message "syntax error near unexpected token ')'
'delete)'

delete)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

use strings in case statement options

I iterate in string list well but when I try to add a case statement in order to wrap the string value in a more accurate message I faced different problems. #Code starts ST_CODES="CN CU BU CQ LE" for ST_CODE in $ST_CODES do #echo $ST_CODE CODE="$ST_CODE""\n" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdiaza
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

data array needs to change upper case to lower case

Hi all, i have a data array as followes. ARRAY=DFSG345GGG ARRAY=234FDFG090 ARRAY=VDFVGBGHH so on.......... i need all english letters to be change to lower case. So i am expecting to see ARRAY=dfsg345ggg ARRAY=234fdfg090 ARRAY=vdfvgbghh so on........ If i have to copy this data in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute

Hi I want to make string substitution ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute. Ex changing all occurences of "original" in a file to "substitute": original becomes substitute Origninal becomes Substitute ORIGINAL becomes SUBSTITUTE I know this a little special but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmchen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion from Upper Case to Lower Case Condition based

Hello Unix Gurus : It would be really appreciative if can find a solution for this . I have records in a file . I need to Capitalize the records based on condition . For Example i tried the following Command COMMAND --> fgrep "2000YUYU" /export/home/oracle/TST/data.dat | tr '' ''... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stacking Columns

How do I stack several columns of data into their own rows? In: A,B,C,d,e,f,g,H,I 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Out: A,B,C,X,Y,H,I 1,2,3,d,4,8,9 1,2,3,e,5,8,9 1,2,3,f,6,8,9 1,2,3,g,7,8,9 Mike (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
10 Replies
messageBox(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   messageBox(3pm)

NAME
messageBox - pop up a message window and wait for user response. SYNOPSIS
$response = $widget->messageBox(-option => value, ... ); DESCRIPTION
This method uses Tk::Dialog to quickly create several common dialog boxes. A dialog widget consists of a message, an icon and a set of buttons (see the -type option). After the message window is popped up, messageBox waits for the user to select one of the buttons and return the button text (note that it's best to check the returned value in a case insensitive manner). NOTE: unlike Tk::Dialog which creates its widget once and can be used many times, the messageBox window is created every time it's used. The following option/value pairs are supported: -default The case-sensitive symbolic name of the default button for this message window ('Ok', 'Cancel' and so on). See -type for a list of the symbolic names. If the message box has just one button it will automatically be made the default, otherwise if this option is not specified, there won't be any default button. -icon Specifies an icon to display. On X11 any of the builtin Tk bitmaps can specified. On Windows only error, info, question or warning are supported. -message Specifies the message to display. -title Specifies a string to display as the title. -type Specifies a predefined set of buttons to be displayed. The following values are possible: 'AbortRetryIgnore', 'Ok', 'OkCancel', 'RetryCancel', 'YesNo' or 'YesNoCancel'. EXAMPLE
$response = $mw->messageBox(-icon => 'question', -message => 'Hello World!', -title => 'My title', -type => 'AbortRetryIgnore', -default => 'Retry'); AUTHOR
Stephen.O.Lidie@Lehigh.EDU. 98/05/25 perl v5.14.2 2010-05-29 messageBox(3pm)