Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Use sqlplus command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use sqlplus command Post 302088382 by antkiu on Tuesday 12th of September 2006 01:22:43 AM
Old 09-12-2006
sqlplus command

Hi all,
I am new to sqlplus, anyone can help me to explain what's the following code is doing?

DECLARE
cursor c1 is select bts_int_id,
max(ave_busy_tch/res_av_denom14) maxBusyTch
from p_nbsc_res_avail
where to_char(period_start_time,'yyyymmdd')=to_char((sysdate-1),'yyyymmdd')
group by bts_int_id;
BEGIN
FOR x IN c1 LOOP
update RNP_temp_table set
bts_id = x.bts_int_id,
max_busy_tch=x.maxBusyTch
where bts_id = x.bts_int_id;
IF SQL%NOTFOUND THEN
insert into RNP_temp_table
( bts_id,
max_busy_tch)
values
( x.bts_int_id,
x.maxBusyTch);
END IF;
COMMIT;
END LOOP;
COMMIT;
END;
/

Thanks in advanced.

Anthony

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sqlplus and sh scripts (to_char command))

Hi evrybody!!!! I have a problem with this shell script INICIO=$(sqlplus -s user/user@db1 << END | awk '{printf $1}' set head off set feed off select to_char(min(create_dt) , 'HH24') from table_name where trunc(create_dt)=trunc(sysdate-2); END) I want to recover, in INICIO, the min... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to check sqlplus command is successfull or not in HP UX?

Hi All, I am not able to check the output of sqlplus command if it fails. can any body please help me in this regard. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: plaban.rout
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

sqlplus: command not found

hi, i need bash shell script run on the crontab(Unix tru64). i have write my shell. it's using sqlplus command and connect to oracle db. execute cron job when i have error messege: "sqlplus: command not found" have you any suggestion? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

sqlplus: command not found

I installed Oracle 10.2.1.0 in Ubuntu 10.10..my installation was well,i could even open isqlplus( http://ubuntu.ubuntu-domain:5560/isqlplus/workspace.uix ) and execute some queries..But,back in terminal when i try to login to sqlplus i am getting error (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy0594
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use sqlplus command inside for loop

I tried this: for region in 'raj' 'kt' 'kol' 'krl' 'chn' 'dl' 'hr' 'bih' 'ap' do sqlplus -s huw$region/`echo $region`huw#321@huw$region<<! set serveroutput on begin select count(*) from tcd_preferred_cust_201109 end; / exit; done but the error shows like: Syntax error at line 4 :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakprasad29@
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any one explain this sqlplus command?

Hi , i am new to unix i need a small clarification regarding this sqlplus -s $USER_NAME/$PASSWD@$ORA_SID<< EOF >> SQL_CONN_LOG.log In the above command what is the meaning of <<EOF>> Thanks, krishna. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rams_krishna
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS command with more than 1 select statement

Hi all, I'm using below code processId=`sqlplus -s ${sysuser}/${syspwd} <<CHK_PROCESS whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode; set head off feedback off echo off pages 0 SELECT PROCESS_ID FROM LSHADMIN.DATA_DOMAIN WHERE DOMAIN_NAME = '${tabname}' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
8 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem on SQLplus command ""bash: sqlplus: command not found""

Hi all, i face an error related to my server ""it's running server"" when i use sqlplus command $ sqlplus bash: sqlplus: command not found the data base is up and running i just need to access the sqlplus to import the dump file as a daily backup. i already check the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
4 Replies
MOVE(7) 							   SQL Commands 							   MOVE(7)

NAME
MOVE - position a cursor SYNOPSIS
MOVE [ direction { FROM | IN } ] cursorname DESCRIPTION
MOVE repositions a cursor without retrieving any data. MOVE works exactly like the FETCH command, except it only positions the cursor and does not return rows. The parameters for the MOVE command are identical to those of the FETCH command; refer to FETCH [fetch(7)] for details on syntax and usage. OUTPUTS
On successful completion, a MOVE command returns a command tag of the form MOVE count The count is the number of rows that a FETCH command with the same parameters would have returned (possibly zero). EXAMPLES
BEGIN WORK; DECLARE liahona CURSOR FOR SELECT * FROM films; -- Skip the first 5 rows: MOVE FORWARD 5 IN liahona; MOVE 5 -- Fetch the 6th row from the cursor liahona: FETCH 1 FROM liahona; code | title | did | date_prod | kind | len -------+--------+-----+------------+--------+------- P_303 | 48 Hrs | 103 | 1982-10-22 | Action | 01:37 (1 row) -- Close the cursor liahona and end the transaction: CLOSE liahona; COMMIT WORK; COMPATIBILITY
There is no MOVE statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CLOSE [close(7)], DECLARE [declare(7)], FETCH [fetch(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 MOVE(7)