Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: reset console
Operating Systems HP-UX reset console Post 302087884 by mizzleman on Wednesday 6th of September 2006 09:11:40 PM
Old 09-06-2006
Thanks, it turned out to be a session that didn't want to die. I must have missed it before. I killed it and the console is now responding.

On a different note, would you happen to know where can I find articles on Unix Best Practices?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System Reset

Hi: Problem: Whenever I plug-in or out a serial cable from Sun 220 Server it resets itself and gives me OK prompt. I need to use one dumb terminal for two 220s. Any suggestions or comments will be highly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tape Reset?????

I'm changing from SCO UNIX to Red Hat Linux. In the UNIX box when backing up my data to tape I usually do this: tape reset sleep 5 nohup tar ................... I want to know if there is a way to do "tape reset" in Red Hat Linux. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrivas
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to reset my workstation!

I am having an error in my workstation. I want to reset it and start from scratch. I also want to add a 120 G. Drive to my workstation. I checked out a book at my local library on unix. I still can't figure out how to erase everything and install this drive,please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sotelo_27
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

5. Solaris

reset domain console in e6800

Hi unix guru's i have solaris server whose console is in e6800 box. I login to that e6800 and type showplatform . its showing the domail console is there for solaris box. now while i am trying to log in by using command console -d domain name. its saying console is busy. System Controller... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahasuman
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Console Vs Serial console.

Hi Gurus, Can some one explain me the difference between a IP console and a serial console. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Recover/Reset Sun Java System Server Console password

I am administering a Solaris 10 server that I have root password for but need to get to the system server console. The password has been 'forgotten'. I've tried changing it in /var/opt/mps/serverroot/admin-serv/config/admpw and local.conf with the current hashed password in /etc/shadow for a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameson
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Sparc console password reset

Hi, How to reset the sun fire v245 console password ?. Please tell me step by step. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen16
5 Replies
snscan,v0.3.8(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  snscan,v0.3.8(8)

NAME
snscan - display information on articles in the spool sncat - display articles in the spool sncancel - cancel articles in the spool SYNOPSIS
snscan [options] articlespec... sncat [options] articlespec... sncancel [options] articlespec... options: [-n] [-s since] [-o outputfile] DESCRIPTION
snscan displays information on all articles specified by articlespec, in the form newsgroup serial id on a line, one line per article matched. This output is suitable for feeding to snprimedb. sncat displays the articles specified by articlespec. sncancel marks articles specified by articlespec as canceled, so they become unavailable to sn programs. ARGUMENTS
articlespec defines a broad pattern for articles. It takes two mutually exclusive forms. Specify by newsgroup and serial number Here articlespec is newsgroup[:range[,range]...] where each range is serial[-[toserial]] (where toserial is greater than serial). If toserial is omitted, then all articles after serial are matched. If both serial and toserial are empty, then only the first and last articles are matched. Specify by articles message ID Here articlespec is -i id... where each id is a message ID, angle brackets optional. OPTIONS
-n This option weeds out articles that are aliases. If an article is crossposted, there will be an original copy, the others will be aliases to it. This option prevents information being displayed if it is not from the original copy. -ssince This option weeds out articles that were obtained before since. since is in the format year/month/day[:hour:minute] where each is a number. year may be 2 or 4 digits, and / and : can be any non-digit character. -ooutputfile Write output to outputfile instead of descriptor 1. Sometimes you just don't feel like using the shell. EXAMPLES
sncancel linux.lemmings:12 Cancel article 12 from linux.lemmings. snscan linux.lemmings:4,12- Display information on article 4, and also articles 12 to the most recent article, from linux.lemmings. sncat -n -s 1998/4/1 linux.lemmings Display all articles that are not aliases, and which were entered after April 1 1998, from linux.lemmings. snscan -i '123@myhost' Display information on the article whose ID is <123@myhost>, in whichever newsgroup it is found. FILES
Each articlespec or id on the command line refers to articles in the news spool located in /var/spool/sn. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SNROOT If this is set and is not empty, the value is used in place of /var/spool/sn, the default news spool directory. EXIT CODES
snscan exits 0 on success, 1 on usage error, 2 on system error, and 3 on other errors. It is not an error to specify an article that does not exist, or which does not meet the since criterion. SEE ALSO
snprimedb(8) N.B. Harold Tay snscan,v0.3.8(8)