Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: not able to locate SSH
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers not able to locate SSH Post 302087701 by JStone on Tuesday 5th of September 2006 06:41:22 AM
Old 09-05-2006
I am not sure if you are looking for ssh path. If yes, it should be available under /usr/bin by default. What operating system are you working on? You can also do a find using the syntax

find / -name ssh

This would tell you if ssh is available on that machine or not.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

case insensitive locate

How can I do a case insensitive locate? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davis.ml
3 Replies

2. Linux

Cant locate CGI/Cookie.pm

hi frnds i m getting this error whenever i m trying to run otrs in my web browser. http://ipaddr /otrs/index.pl " 500 Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Equivalent to locate

Does Solaris 10 have an equivalent to FreeBSD's `locate'? If not, what is the best way to search for files (allowing regexp) throughout the system? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Russell
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command locate.

Hi, I am aware of the command locate/slocate. But when I try to search the file which is located in /tmp. Its not able to get it. I tried by updating the database also with the command updatedb. Is there any consern that the command 'locate' dont check /tmp??? And I knew that locate is the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
5 Replies

5. Linux

Help to locate the files

I m new to the linux environment.Help me with ur suggestions. How can i obtain the file names alone from ls -ltr output?? And those files should have been created before three months and earlier than that.. Thanks and wishes, Rupaa. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rupaa
8 Replies

6. AIX

Locate command

Hello to all, Can I use the "locate" command on AIX 5.3 like on Linux. If yes what packages should I install and where can I find them. Thanks, Enid (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enux
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usage of locate

Hi The locate command searches the pattern in all the directories. How can i make it look in for a specific directory because i know the directory in which the file exists. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2002anand
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't locate inc/Module/Install.pm in @INC

Hi, I'm trying to install "Date-FromToday" module on my solaris box as below. #perl Makefile.pl (i got the below error) Can't locate inc/Module/Install.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/sun4-solaris-64int /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/sun4-solaris-64int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin@2010
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC

my os details as follow bash-3.2$ cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8 (Tikanga) I run the following and encounter the following error bash-3.2$ mysqlhotcopy -? Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP! I want to locate only dir and tar.gz

I making a script to restore apache from a configuration_backup tar. For now i want at the beginning of the script that you can make a choice to choose one of the configuration_backup tars. I use this code now: `locate /restore/configuration/configuration_backup*` But if i use this i get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyvdberg
1 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)