Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic Error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Basic Error Post 302087696 by tayyabq8 on Tuesday 5th of September 2006 06:26:11 AM
Old 09-05-2006
Quote:
#!/bin/sh
read a
if ["$a" = apple] ; then
echo "ur good";
else
echo "ur bad"
exit
fi
Put space between [ and "$a" it should be like this:
Code:
if [ "$a" = apple ] ; then

Last edited by tayyabq8; 09-05-2006 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: Spelling....

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Basic...

hi, I am pretty new both to unix and this forum, can anyone help me to give shortcuts to my commands... eg:- instead of "cd /usr/bin" i want to to give " bin " and get to that path. I'm using HP-UX 11.0 abey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Bt-basic

Hi Guys, I very new to bt-basic even I got 8 years experience on UNIX. I searched through google about bt-basic but nothing really give me solid documentation. Anybody have documentation or manual for this bt-basic? Pls help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahru
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some basic help

Hi everyone, I need some help! I know that this is a very simple little problem but I seem to be stuck. I was just wondering if you could show me the right way. I basicly have to write a single line of commands (using piping) to do the following: From the file data.txt, select all of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itk
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic question about error report in AIX

Hello everybody, iam new to unix. here is a question i had. when i run errpt -a , sample out put is as follows LABEL: FCP_ARRAY_ERR4 IDENTIFIER: D5385D18 Date/Time: Mon Sep 25 11:15:59 Sequence Number: 182869 Machine Id: 000166784C00 Node Id: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic if else

I know this is pretty basic, but i cant figure it out to save my life. i want it to ask for a variable, as long as that variable isnt -/0 i want it to print out the area. else if the variable is -/0, i want it to print out invalid entry. the only problem is it will still try to print out the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cookiebooy
1 Replies

7. Programming

Solr--Basic Example execution error

Hello , I am new bee to Solr and trying to run sample example for solr . java -Durl=http://locahost:8983/solr/update -jar post.jar books.csv Error SimplePostTool version 1.5 Posting files to base url http://locahost:8983/solr/update using content-type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomlight
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash on Fedora error on basic script

I am not able to execute bash script on Fedora. They were running on another environment. This is a sample script: #!/usr/bin/bash input="./data/heu/hout1" i=1 j=0 while IFS= read -r file1 do #Some code here done < "$input" #echo $j I get an error: bash: s.sh: command not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
3 Replies
MD5(3)									 1								    MD5(3)

md5 - Calculate the md5 hash of a string

SYNOPSIS
string md5 (string $str, [bool $raw_output = false]) DESCRIPTION
Calculates the MD5 hash of $str using the RSA Data Security, Inc. MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm, and returns that hash. PARAMETERS
o $str - The string. o $raw_output - If the optional $raw_output is set to TRUE, then the md5 digest is instead returned in raw binary format with a length of 16. RETURN VALUES
Returns the hash as a 32-character hexadecimal number. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A md5(3) example <?php $str = 'apple'; if (md5($str) === '1f3870be274f6c49b3e31a0c6728957f') { echo "Would you like a green or red apple?"; } ?> NOTES
Note Secure password hashing It is not recommended to use this function to secure passwords, due to the fast nature of this hashing algorithm. See here for details. SEE ALSO
md5_file(3), sha1_file(3), crc32(3), sha1(3), hash(3), crypt(3), password_hash(3). PHP Documentation Group MD5(3)