Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RedHat diagnostic commands
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RedHat diagnostic commands Post 302087627 by soliberus on Monday 4th of September 2006 05:28:21 AM
Old 09-04-2006
RedHat diagnostic commands

Dear all

Can anyone tell me what commands I can run on a RedHat linux server to gain some diagnostic information, e.g. checking for disk errors or other related problems.

Regards

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Equivalent of Windows NT Diagnostic (Winmsd) report

Hi Guys, Is there a way I can generate a Diagnostic Report for Unix app server/database server (for sun solaris and aix) similar to the system diagnostic report in Windows NT(winmsd). Basically I am looking for the following details below in a single comprehensive report. If there is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what commands are used to deal with core files on linux redhat???

how do you cause a running pocess to dump a core file on linux systems?? i tried sleep 100 & kill -SEGV PID but nothing is created also, what commands can be used to analyze them? (extract useful info from them) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Diagnostic Software

Hi, I'm running Redhat 7.2 Advanced server on a compaq dl380 G1, and i wanted to do a diagnostic on a Harddrive that has an amber light. I've reseated the drive and the light is showing green. I was just wondering whether there are some diagnostic tools I can run on this drive. The drive has been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: camerja1
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Diagnostic Reporter Logs

I have 3510 Disk Array attached to T2000 sever running Solaris 10 and I have set up Diagnostic Reporter to send status update via email once a day. Since logs are growing everyday, my email is getting big too. I cannot recall what file I need to echo > , so that only new logs are sent. Kindly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris10..Open boot diagnostic failed

Hi all, when am rebooting the server (SF v890) we are facing "open boot diagnostic failed". Thanks in Adv. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunreddy3
5 Replies

6. AIX

AIX5L diagnostic process question

I am an Oracle DBA with some strange IO performance problems. Between 04:00 and 06:00 AM local time each day I see a degrading of IO performance (to a SAN). I see that the AIX diagnostics seem to begin at 04:00. Is it likely that AIX diagnostics might be affecting IO? Additional... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sink
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-UX stops on boot; DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM WARNING

Hi all, I have an HP-UX server that halts during boot. Below is CO output. Any ideas how to solve this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. HP-UX Boot Loader for IPF -- Revision 2.027 Press Any Key to interrupt Autoboot \EFI\HPUX\AUTO ==> boot vmunix -lq Seconds left till... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MazenH
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies
AUCTL(1)						      General Commands Manual							  AUCTL(1)

NAME
auctl - control various audio server parameters SYNOPSYS
auctl [-audio servername] [-q] [command...] DESCRIPTION
The auctl program can be used to control various audio server parameters. It is typically used when connecting up new devices, or to set user preferences. If no command is specified on the program command line, auctl reads commands from the standard output. If the standard input and standard output are both attached to a terminal, an interactive prompt is provided. OPTIONS
The following options may be used with auctl: -audio servername This option specifies the Network Audio System server on which the files should be played. -q This option indicates that no prompt should be given when reading commands from the standard input. COMMANDS
The following commands may be used with auctl: help This command prints a list of the commands that may be given. set device id gain [=,+,-] percent With =, this command sets the gain on the device specified by id to the indicated percentage, or alters it by the given number of percentage points if + or - is used. If the id is a decimal number n, the nth device returned by the server (see auinfo) is used. Otherwise, id should be a hexidecimal number specifying the resource identifier of the desired device. set device id linemode = low This command sets the linemode of the device specified by id to the lower setting appropriate for microphones. set device id linemode = hi This command sets the linemode of the device specified by id to the higher setting appropriate for CD players. list device id gain This command lists the gain of the specified device in the form needed to set it. list device id linemode This command lists the line mode of the specified device in the form needed to set it. list device id This command lists the gain and line mode of the specified device. quit, exit, or ^D Either of these commands or an end of file causes the program to exit. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables are used by auctl: AUDIOSERVER This specifies the name of default audio server to contact if no name is explicitly given on the command line. DISPLAY This specifies the name of an X Window System display that should be assumed to also have a corresponding Network Audio System server. SEE ALSO
nas(1), auplay(1), audial(1), audemo(1), autool(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1993, 1994 Network Computing Devices, Inc. AUTHOR
Jim Fulton, Network Computing Devices, Inc. 1.9.3 AUCTL(1)