Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Linux game programing or just shell scripting Post 302087508 by Irish Jimmy on Friday 1st of September 2006 06:18:11 PM
Old 09-01-2006
MySQL Linux game programing or just shell scripting

Well Acording to my job...

Anyhelp plz.

I need some basic scripting stuff.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mutex in shell programing

A shell in crontab per 5 min write a file B shell in crontab per 6 min read a file how to lock the share file a ;avioid confilict in write and read? Thx : -) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zz_xm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing files in shell programing

Hi folks, In our product installation program we edit xml files by deleting lines and appending new lines instead of them. For example: update_Log4plsql_xml() { machineName=`uname -n` hostIP=`cat /etc/hosts | grep ${machineName} | cut -f1` trap 'clean_up | tee -a $installLog ; exit' 1 2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
0 Replies

3. Programming

A C++ programing Shell on Win

Hello I need to translade the power of unix command shell (grep, sed, awk, wc, etc..) to windows. In my work every day I administrate 15 unix server ans 18 windows server, and I have the problem the absolutly limitation of windows shell. I´m a system administrator but I know programming. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dalmus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programing...

Hi... i need to write a shell script wich shows the full name and station of every logged user in the system. pls help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: relu89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programing with awk Tool

I'm working on a program in with shell programming and it needs to be able to delete the contents of files in the Home directory on certain days of the week.(like tuesday). Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance, Taffy. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taffy
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Linux

In shell Can I pass " to a program ? If not what is the work around ..? Can I define * as a wild card charecter that will return all the values from the files ..? I am trying to create a tool that will return the values from a property file . This tool has to support all the wild card... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: app1sxv
1 Replies

7. Programming

Shell programing to implement SQL package

hi all, i have a table with employee details like his name,addr,DOB etc. i need a shell program which takes one date as input from user and print the employees whose DOB is less than that date. in sql package the select query is written (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

need help with shell programing script

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a Shell script to automatically check that a specified user is logged in to the computer. The program should allow the person running the script to specify the name of the user to be checked, the frequency in seconds at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: operator
5 Replies

9. Ubuntu

i have a problem in programing of linux

i have problem in running of Linux programing .can i run this programing in ubuntu. and what will be the procedure for that. please gave me a perfect suggestion.:wall: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: g.gupta3392
8 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Linux Shell Scripting If-else and Case

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This is what is asked: If the user enters ‘3’, prompt the user for two file names. Verify that the file names... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cindy01
2 Replies
openipmish(1)						 Shell interface to an IPMI system					     openipmish(1)

NAME
openipmish - Shell interface to an IPMI system SYNOPSIS
openipmish [option] DESCRIPTION
The openipmish is a command interpreter that gives the full power of the OpenIPMI library to a user-level command language. It is designed so it can easily be driven with a scripting language like TCL, it has well-formed output. openipmish starts up with no connections or anything of that nature. You must enter commands to make connections to domains. OPTIONS
--dmsg Turn on message debugging, this will dump all messages to debug log output. --drawmsg Turn on raw message debugging, this will dump all low-level messages to debug log output. This differes from normal message debug- ging in that all protocol messages are also dumped, not just IPMI messages. --dmem Turn on memory debugging, this will cause memory allocation and deallocations to be checked. When the program terminates, it will dump all memory that was not properly freed (leaked). --dlock Turn on lock debugging, this will check lock operations to make sure that locks are help in all the proper places and make sure that locks are properly nested. --snmp Enable the SNMP trap handler. openipmish must be compiled with SNMP code enabled for this option to be available. --help Help output COMMANDS
openipmish follows the standard command syntax defined in ipmi_cmdlang(7). See that for the details on most commands. The IPMI manual that comes with OpenIPMI will also be quite handy. openipmish defines some commands that are not in the standard command language. These are: read Read and execute commands from the given file. exit Quit redisp_cmd on|off Normally, openipmish redisplays the command line when an event comes in. This is nice for interactive use, but bad for scripting. This lets you turn that function on and off. SEE ALSO
ipmi_cmdlang(7), ipmi_ui(1) KNOWN PROBLEMS
None AUTHOR
Corey Minyard <cminyard@mvista.org> OpenIPMI 05/13/03 openipmish(1)