Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pls give me some advice
Top Forums Programming Pls give me some advice Post 302087472 by jim mcnamara on Friday 1st of September 2006 08:01:33 AM
Old 09-01-2006
Are you working with mmap?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Looking for some advice

I am looking for some advice on wether to use unix or red hat linux? I have played with most windows OS and Mac OS up to in and including OS X. any and all advice would be appreciated (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justawind
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

if i give this command what would be the value...

if i give dir=/tmp/${0##*/} what would b the value stored in dir ..i'm more concerned about the 0##*/ part.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please give your inputs !!!!

I am trying to extract two fields from the output of ifconfig command on one of my sun server . The output looks like : root@e08k18:/tmp/test# ifconfig -a lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 ce0:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

looking for advice...

Hi. First of all, Im an msoft guy, and when it comes to linux/unix, I'm retarded. Here is what I'm trying to do. I want to start I want to automatically connect to a remote server. Then I need it to login(https) -insert the licensce in the box(vi) -based on that licensce, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bravo24601
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need advice

i am currently running windows vista home premium, i want to install unix because i just started a computer programing course, i am just wondering if i install unix will i still have vista?? how does it work? will i get a choice of which os to run on system startup?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naner9
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Any advice would help

Hi everyone. I must admit up front that I am not very strong when it comes to Linux. I am actually a Windows guy, but don't let that count against me. :) I work for a very small company so we do not have a Server/Linux Admin on staff. Most of our needs have been handled by our WebHost. We have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liquidstyleb
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error Handling -pls advice

Dear friends, I am using the below command in my unix script ----------------------------------------------- File_Name=`ls $CTRY*$DATE_SUFFIX*zip` --> Command-1 ..... if then unzip -a $File_Name -d $CTRY_DIR/$CTRY else echo "File for $CTRY dated $DATE_SUFFIX does not exist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About to give up on XEmacs 21.5.29

Folks, I am hoping someone out there can help me. I have been writing code for in-excess of 10 years. Throughout all this time I have used Xemacs. I have picked up bits of customizations here and there over the years, but would not profess to be anything of an expert in Lisp (or have a heavily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: petermc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Advice

Guys, Can you tell me what value would additional knowledge of PERL and CGI scripting will add to my skill set of UNIX shell scripting and ORACLE PL/SQL? I understand that PERL is a good tool for text processing. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yabhi_22
1 Replies
explain_mmap_or_die(3)					     Library Functions Manual					    explain_mmap_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_mmap_or_die - map file or device into memory and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/mmap.h> void *explain_mmap_or_die(void *data, size_t data_size, int prot, int flags, int fildes, off_t offset); void *explain_mmap_on_error(void *data, size_t data_size, int prot, int flags, int fildes, off_t offset); DESCRIPTION
The explain_mmap_or_die function is used to call the mmap(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from the explain_mmap(3) function, and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). The explain_mmap_on_error function is used to call the mmap(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from the explain_mmap(3) function, but still returns to the caller. data The data, exactly as to be passed to the mmap(2) system call. data_size The data_size, exactly as to be passed to the mmap(2) system call. prot The prot, exactly as to be passed to the mmap(2) system call. flags The flags, exactly as to be passed to the mmap(2) system call. fildes The fildes, exactly as to be passed to the mmap(2) system call. offset The offset, exactly as to be passed to the mmap(2) system call. RETURN VALUE
The explain_mmap_or_die function only returns on success, see mmap(2) for more information. On failure, prints an explanation and exits, it does not return. The explain_mmap_on_error function always returns the value return by the wrapped mmap(2) system call. EXAMPLE
The explain_mmap_or_die function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: explain_mmap_or_die(data, data_size, prot, flags, fildes, offset); SEE ALSO
mmap(2) map file or device into memory explain_mmap(3) explain mmap(2) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2010 Peter Miller explain_mmap_or_die(3)