Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File processing on perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File processing on perl Post 302087465 by mukundranjan on Friday 1st of September 2006 07:00:30 AM
Old 09-01-2006
Hi,

This may help you.

Code:
1. open the file with fopen.
2. Read the contents line by line.
3. match the string with your pattern and repace accordingly.
4. Write line in another file.
5. remove new file with previous one.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script for file processing

Aim: To scan a file and ignore all characters that has an ASCII value from 0 to 31 and 127 to 255 and accept only those characters having an ASCII between 32 and 126. Script: #!/usr/local/bin/perl $filename = "$ARGV"; if (-e $filename) { open(OUT, "${filename}") || die "can't... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SEEHTAS
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, perl Script for processing a single line text file

I need a script to process a huge single line text file: The sample of the text is: "forward_inline_item": "Inline", "options_region_Australia": "Australia", "server_event_err_msg": "There was an error attempting to save", "Token": "Yes", "family": "Family","pwd_login_tab": "Enter Your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmsadiq
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script needed for Processing CSV file perl

I am new to perl, and need a script to pull a CSV file, strip out 2 leading columns, and 2 ending columns, and resave the file in a new location. The file is basic and has less than 10,000 records. Secondly, can I schedule perl scripts to run daily? Can someone provide the basic script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobbjob
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing a file in perl

Qspace ABC Queue doCol: true Queue order: fifo Queue setCol: red Queue order: fifo Qspace XYZ Queue getCol: true Queue order: fifo I need to append every line in this file with Qspace & Queue, so that final o/p shall look like this, Qspace: ABC Queue: doCol Qspace: ABC Queue: doCol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl file processing

I have an input array like : "SVR1" GRP="EVT_BOX06B" SRID=100 MIN=2 "SVR1" GRP="EVT_BOX06B" SRID=200 MIN=1 "SVR2" GRP="ADM_BOX06B" SRID=100 MIN=1 "SVR1" GRP="EVT_BOX88B" SRID=100 MIN=2 "SVR1" GRP="EVT_BOX88B" SRID=200 MIN=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl text file processing using hash

Hi Experts, I have this requirement to process large files (200MB+).Format of files is like: recordstart val1 1 val2 2 val3 4 recordstart val1 5 val2 6 val3 1 val4 1 recordstart val1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
4 Replies

7. Programming

help me with perl script xml processing

Hi everyone, I have Xml files in a folder, I need to extract some attribute values form xml files and store in a hash. My xml file look like this. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Servicelist xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavani reddy
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl problem in processing excel file

Dear all, I got a perl script to write some data into an excel file using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser. After that I find all formulas in the excel file are gone. Does any body encounter this problem or have any work around? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldonlck
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PARALLEL PROCESSING IN PERL

HI All, I have scenerio where I need to call sub modules through for loop for (i=0; i<30 ;i++) { .. .. .. subroutine 1; subroutine 2; } I want this to be run in parallel process1 { ... ... subroutine 1; subroutine 2; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
0 Replies

10. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies
REGEXP-ASSEMBLE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       REGEXP-ASSEMBLE(1p)

NAME
regexp-assemble - Assemble a list of regular expressions from a file SYNOPSIS
regexp-assemble -abcdfinprsStTuUvw file [...] DESCRIPTION
Assemble a list of regular expression either from standard input or a file, using the Regexp::Assemble module. OPTIONS
-a look Ahead. Insert "(?=...)" zero-width lookahead assertions in the pattern, where necessary. -b Blank. Ignore blank lines. -c Comment. Basic comment filtering. Strip off perl/shell comments ("s*#.*$/"). -d Debug. Turns on debugging output. See Regexp::Assemble for suitable values. -i Indent. Print the regular expression using and indent of n to display nesting. A.k.a pretty-printing. Implies -p. -n No newline. Do not print a newline after the pattern. Useful when interpolating the output into a templating system or similar. -p Print. Print the pattern. This is the default, however, it is required when the -t switch is enabled (because if you want to test patterns ordinarily you don't care what the the assembled pattern looks like). -r Reduce. The default behaviour is to reduce the assembled pattern. Enabling this switch causes the reduction algorithm to be switched off. This can help you determine how much reduction is performed. regexp-assemble pattern.file | wc # versus regexp-assemble -r pattern.file | wc -s Statistics. Print some statistics about the assembled pattern. The output is sent to STDERR (in order to allow the generated pattern to be redirected elsewhere). -S Statistics only. Like -s, except that the pattern itself is not output. Useful with -d 8 to see the time taken. -t Test. Test the assembled expression against the contents of a file. Each line is read from the file and is matched against the pattern. Lines that fail to match are printed. In other words, no output is good output. In this mode of operation, error status is 1 in the case of a failure, 0 if all lines matched. -T Time. Print statistics on the time taken to reduce and assemble the pattern. (This is merely a lazy person's synonym for "-d 8"). -u Unique. Carp if duplicate patterns are found. -U Unroll. Transform "a+" et al into "aa*" (which may allow additional reductions). -v Version. Print the version of the regexp-assemble script. -w Word/Whole. When testing the contents of a file with "-t", bracket the expression with "^" and "$" in order to match the whole word or line from the file. DIAGNOSTICS
Will print out a summary of the problem if an added pattern causes the assembly to fail. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Assemble AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2004-2008 David Landgren. All rights reserved. LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-30 REGEXP-ASSEMBLE(1p)