Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple question about linebreaks Post 302087422 by zazzybob on Thursday 31st of August 2006 07:39:43 PM
Old 08-31-2006
The echos were just example commands.......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple question

I am taking an intro to unix class and I can not figure out how to do part of the question. I am writing script to be exictued by a program in the tutoral. Question: Write every line containing the word ``delete'' produced by ``man mail'' into a file called ``delete''. Hint: What does using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weathergirl
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hopefully simple question

When i type cd etc/shadow it says that file or directory doesnt exist? Is there a way to show this or am i typing something wrong? :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corrail
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple if then fi question

i'm trying to make a script that prints the name of the script for any command line parameter, here is what i have, and get `]]' unexpected: what am i doing wrong? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tefflox
3 Replies

5. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple question

I had a script in solaris wich i read data, for example: Number 1: _ and the cursor use to be in '_' place because in the code of the script i write: echo "Number 1:\c" but i copy the script to a linux and the cursor 'jump' to the begining of the next line like: Number 1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lestat_ecuador
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple(?) if/else question

Hello, I have a quick question that is not related to homework in any way shape or form (in case anyone wanted to know). My question is thus: I have a file "temp" that has the two values say "5" and "3" (separated by a white space). Now, I want to simply write an if-else statement that reads... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: astropi
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Linebreaks

Hi All, I have a linebreak in mid text \n and would like to remove this. I only want the \n at the end of the line. Any suggetions on how I would get this to work? I had: cat $LOGFILE| sed '{ /\n\ /\n$\! s\n\g ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SalientAnimal
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question

Sorry for stupid question, but why this script gives that output? $ awk 'BEGIN { well=56789; print 1234$well }' 1234 I expected 123456789 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: silyin
9 Replies
ncurses5-config(1)					      General Commands Manual						ncurses5-config(1)

NAME
ncurses5-config - helper script for ncurses libraries SYNOPSIS
ncurses5-config [options] DESCRIPTION
This is a shell script which simplifies configuring applications against a particular set of ncurses libraries. OPTIONS
--prefix echos the package-prefix of ncurses --exec-prefix echos the executable-prefix of ncurses --cflags echos the C compiler flags needed to compile with ncurses --libs echos the libraries needed to link with ncurses --version echos the release+patchdate version of ncurses --abi-version echos the ABI version of ncurses --mouse-version echos the mouse-interface version of ncurses --bindir echos the directory containing ncurses programs --datadir echos the directory containing ncurses data --includedir echos the directory containing ncurses header files --libdir echos the directory containing ncurses libraries --mandir echos the directory containing ncurses manpages --terminfo echos the $TERMINFO terminfo database path, e.g., /etc/terminfo --terminfo-dirs echos the $TERMINFO_DIRS directory list, e.g., /etc/terminfo:/lib/terminfo:/usr/share/terminfo --termpath echos the $TERMPATH termcap list, if support for termcap is configured. --help prints this message SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES) This describes ncurses version 5.9 (patch 20110404). ncurses5-config(1)