Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Omniback/Data Protector cell_info file Post 302087376 by qfwfq on Thursday 31st of August 2006 10:14:54 AM
Old 08-31-2006
I have never seen -main option alone. I have seen -main_name option or -ma. I would be very interested knowing the meaning of -main!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Data protector GUI gives Blank screen

Hi, Haveing a little trouble with data protector (5.5) on HP-UX (11.11, 11.23) under Xwindows Chameleon UNIX 97 (7.0 - its a old version) I am trying to get the GUI for DP up and running on a HP-UX cell manager and I have the following problem. The GUI starts up with no errors that I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

anyone ever play with omniback(data protector) command "omnir"?

playing around with a command-line restore from omniback...anyone ever play with omnir? I have the following test backup: $ omnidb -session 2008/02/01-6 Object Name Object Type Object Status... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
1 Replies

3. Linux

Open port for Data Protector

Hi guys. Opening port 5555 for Data Protector on Linux box but can't telnet to it. Modified /etc/services to have: omni 5555/tcp # DATA-PROTECTOR But when I telnet into it: telnet <ip address> 5555 Doesn't connect Need help figuring out what I need to do to open this port. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace data in text file with data in same file

OK I will do my best to explain what I need help with. I am trying to format an ldif file so I can import it into Oracle oid. I need the file to look like this example. Keep in mind there are 3000 of these in the file. changetype: modify replace: userpassword dn:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timothyha22
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

HP Data Protector port 5555 issue

Dear All, I have my HP Data Protector installed on the backup server. I want to connect this backup server with the client server through telnet port 5555 like below telnet < ipaddress of client> 5555 But when I try like this , it says ...Connection refused ...unable to connect to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping a data in a file and delete line in source file if data does not exist.

Hi Guys, Please help me with my problem here: I have a source file: 1212 23232 343434 ASAS1 4 3212 23232 343434 ASAS2 4 3234 23232 343434 QWQW1 4 1134 23232 343434 QWQW2 4 3212 23232 343434 QWQW3 4 and a mapping... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract header data from one file and combine it with data from another file

Hi, Great minds, I have some files, in fact header files, of CTD profiler, I tried a lot C programming, could not get output as I was expected, because my programming skills are very poor, finally, joined unix forum with the hope that, I may get what I want, from you people, Here I have attached... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace data of a file with data from another file using shell scripting.

Dears, I'm new to shell scripting and i was wondering if you can help me with following matter. I have a file containing 400,000 records. The file contains two columns like: 00611291,0270404000005453 25262597,1580401000016155 25779812,1700403000001786 00388934,1200408000000880... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paniklas
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk --> math-operation in data-record and joining with second file data

Hi! I have a pretty complex job - at least for me! i have two csv-files with meassurement-data: fileA ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)

NAME
dh_installexamples - install example files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installexamples [debhelperoptions] [-A] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installexamples is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing examples into usr/share/doc/package/examples in package build directories. From debhelper compatibility level 11 on, dh_install will fall back to looking in debian/tmp for files, if it does not find them in the current directory (or wherever you've told it to look using --sourcedir). FILES
debian/package.examples Lists example files or directories to be installed. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install any files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. --sourcedir=dir Look in the specified directory for files to be installed. This option requires compat 11 or later (it is silently ignored in compat 10 or earlier). Note that this is not the same as the --sourcedirectory option used by the dh_auto_* commands. You rarely need to use this option, since dh_installexamples automatically looks for files in debian/tmp in debhelper compatibility level 11 and above. --doc-main-package=main-package Set the main package for a documentation package. This is used to install the documentation of the documentation package in /usr/share/doc/main-package as recommended by the Debian policy manual 3.9.7 in S12.3. In compat 11 (or later), this option is only useful if debhelper's auto-detection of the main package is wrong. The option can also be used to silence a warning from debhelper when the auto-detection fails but the default happens to be correct. This option cannot be used when dh_installexamples is instructed to act on multiple packages. If you need this option, you will generally need to combine it with -p to ensure exactly one package is acted on. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Install these files (or directories) as examples into the first package acted on. (Or into all packages if -A is specified.) NOTES
Note that dh_installexamples will happily copy entire directory hierarchies if you ask it to (similar to cp -a). If it is asked to install a directory, it will install the complete contents of the directory. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)