Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can Xargs execute multiple commands of evry input file Post 302087181 by Klashxx on Wednesday 30th of August 2006 06:35:41 AM
Old 08-30-2006
Try:
Code:
ls -1 | xargs -I {} -i ksh -c 'cat {}|tail -1'

This User Gave Thanks to Klashxx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i get my script to execute multiple commands?

New to shell scripting. I can't get my script to execute multiple commands. Here's the code. It's a menu script. #!/bin/ksh clear print "SDE MENU" PS3="SDE MENU, enter choice:" select clean_menu in "tasdedev instance 5151" "orkindev instance 5155" "tasdetst instance 5157" "orkinsys... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hvincent
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple commands in a find

I am checking that a file is older than a reference file that I build with a touch command before processing it. If it is not old enough, I want to sleep for an hour and check again. My problem is if it is old enough to process, I want to exit when I am done, but I cannot find a way to exit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron used to execute multiple commands

have to run multiple commands at a specified time by the user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemaa
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute commands to specific folder from input file

Hi, I have one text file input.txt, which has folders path as follows: /home/user/automate/abc /home/user/automate/abc/xyz /home/user/automate/test /home/user/automate/test2 /home/user/automate/test2/abc/Main In those folders i have .svn folder. 1) First i want to remove .svn like rm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to multiple servers using SSH and execute commands

Requirement: Run a shell script with below inputs file name checksum path the script should go to multiple servers (around 35) and verify the input cksum and if there is a mismatch display a simple message to the user that cksum verification failed. host details, user id /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicableperson
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take input from the user from the command line and execute commands basedon that?

Hi, I am using solaris 10 and bash shell.Script execution follows below.Initially it will check whether a directory exists or not if does not exist it will create it.(This I have completed) Second step:I have four users say user1,user2,user3,user4.Script should prompt for the user id and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute multiple commands in one shot?

for example: I'm greping the process where i can get the location of the file $ ps -ef | grep LLAWP | awk {'print $9'} | tail -1 /Hostname/ihs/INSTANCE2/conf/WebAgent.conf then I need to display second line of WebAgent.conf file: $ cat /Hostname/ihs/INSTANCE1/conf/WebAgent.conf | head... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to execute multiple commands

Let's say I have a file called test.out. In this file I want to do the following: 1. Search for DIP-10219 and with this: 2. Remove everything in front of cn= 3. Remove everything after *com 4. Remove duplicate lines 5. Replace ( with \( 6. Replace ) with \) For 1-3 I have figured out this... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh multiple hops to execute commands with arguments

Hi I need to write a script to ssh through several hops (e.g. HostA-HostB-HostC-HostD), where Host A does not have direct assess to HostC ; HostB cannot access HostD directly. when I ssh 3 hops and run command with arg1, arg2 and redirect the output to a file, e.g. HostA> ssh -t HostB ssh -t... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiensh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs: multiple commands to each argument

Hello. There is my one-liner to get subjects of potential spam mails sudo exiqgrep -bf "spamer@example.com" |cut -d' ' -f1 |xargs -I ~ sudo /usr/sbin/exim -Mvh ~ |grep 'Subject: ' I want to insert blank line after each iteration to make output more readable. I tried sudo exiqgrep -bf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)