Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Plink problem....only works if passwd is in the script Post 302087040 by Yinzer955i on Tuesday 29th of August 2006 12:58:48 PM
Old 08-29-2006
Error Plink problem....only works if passwd is in the script

I have a one line bat script run off a XP machine that tar's and compresses some files from a Sol 8 box. It goes something like this (a bit simplified)....

plink -pw <passwd> user@host "tar -cvf - -C / tmp/a_file | compress " > a_file.tar.Z

So this works....and it's worked many times. But now I can't have the password in the script. So I've tried many variations of the command. But once I have the tar.Z on the XP machine, WinRAR complains about the archieve (corrupt or can't read it).

So far I've tried:

plink user@host .....
plink host.....
plink -l user host.......
plink host -l user.....

Any advice or tips would be appreciated Smilie

-Yinzer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

plink and shell script

This is my shell script... test.sh DIRECTORY=/XYZ/PQR if ; then echo "In test.." else echo "lno.." fi when i run this script through a putty its output is: ./test.sh: line 2: [: too many arguments lno.. But when i run the same script using plink its running fine and its... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen.1
5 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Passwd command problem

on Runnning passwd command on HPUX 11.23 I am getting pam_chauthtok: Shared object load failure. Pls help ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
13 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

How join works and the specific parameters to my problem?

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have two files created from extracting data off of two CSV files, one containing class enrollment on a specific quarter and the other containing grades for that specific quarter. The Enrollment file generated contains course name,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lechnology
11 Replies

4. Programming

C++ - Problem in asking and checking user's passwd

This is the source code: #include <pwd.h> #include <iostream> #include <string.h> using namespace std; int main() { struct passwd *user; char login="alex", password="qwertyuiop"; if ((user= getpwnam(login)) == NULL) cout << "No such user\n"; else if... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
24 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris passwd problem

Hi, I am using solaris 10. i am facing a strange problem regarding os passwd. i have a user oracle with passwd abc123 when i open a putty session with the os using abc123 it logs on. but if i use abc123!@# it agian log on without passwd error. I came to know about the issue that if i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
5 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with Pipes => Only works first pipe

Hi! I'm having problems with pipes... I need comunnications with childs processes and parents, but only one child can comunnicate with parent (first child), others childs can't. A brief of code: if(pipe(client1r)<0){ perror("pipe"); } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: serpens11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Shell script via Plink

I am trying to create a bat file with the below piece of code. plink.exe -l username -pw password -P 22 -2 -ssh servername sudo su - devuser cd /opt/sample echo 3 | ./Script.sh It executes only the first line and not the rest of the lines. Can you please help me where am I doing wrong? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lingu85
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with output file plink GWAS

hi, Can anybody help me about the odd output file yielded by the following command: plink --noweb --allow-no-sex --bfile input_file --assoc --adjust --out output_file In fact, I'd like to perform a simple Bonferroni basic association test, and I obtains the following output file (extract... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boro82
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Plink wait problem

Hi, I have run into a problem to which i can't seem to find any solution, posting here is my last resort. Problem: I am using plink to access my router and run a few configuration commands. When in enter configurations mode, instead of sending next command plink keeps on waiting for manual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaainabbas
7 Replies
GIT-TAR-TREE(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-TAR-TREE(1)

NAME
git-tar-tree - Create a tar archive of the files in the named tree object SYNOPSIS
git tar-tree [--remote=<repo>] <tree-ish> [ <base> ] DESCRIPTION
THIS COMMAND IS DEPRECATED. Use git archive with --format=tar option instead (and move the <base> argument to --prefix=base/). Creates a tar archive containing the tree structure for the named tree. When <base> is specified it is added as a leading path to the files in the generated tar archive. git tar-tree behaves differently when given a tree ID versus when given a commit ID or tag ID. In the first case the current time is used as modification time of each file in the archive. In the latter case the commit time as recorded in the referenced commit object is used instead. Additionally the commit ID is stored in a global extended pax header. It can be extracted using git get-tar-commit-id. OPTIONS
<tree-ish> The tree or commit to produce tar archive for. If it is the object name of a commit object. <base> Leading path to the files in the resulting tar archive. --remote=<repo> Instead of making a tar archive from local repository, retrieve a tar archive from a remote repository. CONFIGURATION
tar.umask This variable can be used to restrict the permission bits of tar archive entries. The default is 0002, which turns off the world write bit. The special value "user" indicates that the archiving user's umask will be used instead. See umask(2) for details. EXAMPLES
git tar-tree HEAD junk | (cd /var/tmp/ && tar xf -) Create a tar archive that contains the contents of the latest commit on the current branch, and extracts it in /var/tmp/junk directory. git tar-tree v1.4.0 git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release. git tar-tree v1.4.0^{tree} git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release, but without a global extended pax header. git tar-tree --remote=example.com:git.git v1.4.0 >git-1.4.0.tar Get a tarball v1.4.0 from example.com. git tar-tree HEAD:Documentation/ git-docs > git-1.4.0-docs.tar Put everything in the current head's Documentation/ directory into git-1.4.0-docs.tar, with the prefix git-docs/. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-TAR-TREE(1)