Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rsync file list
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Rsync file list Post 302086927 by hexaplus on Monday 28th of August 2006 06:27:16 PM
Old 08-28-2006
Rsync file list

Hello, I'm trying to utilize rsync to backup 7 gigs of approximately 10,000 files, from what I've read this should be no sweat. However subsequent syncs seem to build an entirely new file list and the process takes a great deal of time. Reading the man page I'm not sure if I need to specify a file list or if it is loaded automatically, additionally I'm not sure where the file list is stored if I do need to specify a file list. I'm running mac os x 10.4 (hold your insults please Smilie connecting to an ssh server thats running on mac os 10.3 server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync to an external list of URLs

I'm going to have a text file formatted something like this: some_name http://www.someurl.com/ another_name http://www.anotherurl.com/ third_name http://www.thirdurl.com/ I need to write a script that can rsync from a file path I'll set, to each URL in the list. Any ideas? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibsen
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync with particular file pattern

I'd like to rsync any files that end with 'rpt' under source dir called 'opt', and here is the command i tried: rsync -avz --include='*.rpt' --exclude='*' /opt /tmp -n but the list returned is a complete listing under opt. can anyone help out please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_712
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync building file list/catalog path/location

Where is the file list created by rsync when it says building file list ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync - update file on backup when file renamed on source

hi all, Please help me with rsync. I configured rsync to preserve timestamps using the -a option. When i renamed fileA to fileB on source machine I have to copies at the backup server. The aim is to keep the most recent file. fileA & fileB has same contents. When i renamed fileB to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync a single file

I have been using rsync scripts for a while and use them to sync directories across my servers. However i need to set up an rsync script to copy only one file from a server. Is this possible with rsync? If so how would i do this? I have looked on examples on the internet and only see examples for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync file list help

Is it possible to make rsync output a list of all the files transferred to a separate text file? If so how? I wondered if the --write-batch=FILE optionis what I need Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync not syncing a file

I am trying to sync the source tree into backup and somehow this one file dumper.c is not in sync, see below after running the script: /u/prj/dir$ l -tr dumper.c /v/tmp/prj_src/dir/dumper.c -rw-rw-r-- 1 prj group 15635 Jun 20 16:28 /v/tmp/prj_src/dir/dumper.c -rw-rw-r-- 1 prj ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with rsync file restore script

Hello Friends, I am trying to create an rsync file restore script. I will post want I have below and explain the problem I am having. #!/bin/bash # # Partial Rsync File Restore Script # # clear echo # Shell loads into /raid0/data/backup/bin/ cd .. # I cd to the backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdavis_33
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

rsync a file as it gets created and after 3 minutes old

- run a backup job - The jobs creates partial files one after the other, about 2 minutes interval. What i want to do is that while the job is still running or while a file was last modified or created 3 minutes ago, the file should be rsync to a remote server untill the last file has been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
4 Replies
MAC_PREPARE(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					    MAC_PREPARE(3)

NAME
mac_prepare, mac_prepare_type, mac_prepare_file_label, mac_prepare_ifnet_label, mac_prepare_process_label -- allocate appropriate storage for mac_t SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/mac.h> int mac_prepare(mac_t *mac, const char *elements); int mac_prepare_type(mac_t *mac, const char *name); int mac_prepare_file_label(mac_t *mac); int mac_prepare_ifnet_label(mac_t *mac); int mac_prepare_process_label(mac_t *mac); DESCRIPTION
The mac_prepare family of functions allocates the appropriate amount of storage and initializes *mac for use by mac_get(3). When the result- ing label is passed into the mac_get(3) functions, the kernel will attempt to fill in the label elements specified when the label was pre- pared. Elements are specified in a nul-terminated string, using commas to delimit fields. Element names may be prefixed with the '?' char- acter to indicate that a failure by the kernel to retrieve that element should not be considered fatal. The mac_prepare() function accepts a list of policy names as a parameter, and allocates the storage to fit those label elements accordingly. The remaining functions in the family make use of system defaults defined in mac.conf(5) instead of an explicit elements argument, deriving the default from the specified object type. mac_prepare_type() allocates the storage to fit an object label of the type specified by the name argument. The mac_prepare_file_label(), mac_prepare_ifnet_label(), and mac_prepare_process_label() functions are equivalent to invocations of mac_prepare_type() with arguments of "file", "ifnet", and "process" respectively. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the value 0 is returned; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. SEE ALSO
mac(3), mac_free(3), mac_get(3), mac_is_present(3), mac_set(3), mac(4), mac.conf(5), maclabel(7) STANDARDS
POSIX.1e is described in IEEE POSIX.1e draft 17. Discussion of the draft continues on the cross-platform POSIX.1e implementation mailing list. To join this list, see the FreeBSD POSIX.1e implementation page for more information. HISTORY
Support for Mandatory Access Control was introduced in FreeBSD 5.0 as part of the TrustedBSD Project. Support for generic object types first appeared in FreeBSD 5.2. BSD
August 22, 2003 BSD