Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How send a file from UNIX to Windows with FTP Post 302086881 by qfwfq on Monday 28th of August 2006 09:20:54 AM
Old 08-28-2006
Here is another way...this one is working fine since I am using it:

Code:
#! /usr/bin/ksh

HOST=ftp_server_ip
USER=your_login
PASSWD=your_password

exec 4>&1
ftp -nv >&4 2>&4 |&

print -p open $HOST
print -p user $USER $PASSWD
print -p cd /home/your_login
print -p binary
print -p put test.txt
print -p bye

wait
exit 0

Make sure you run the script where your file is or change directory first in your script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send file from UNIX to windows across network

Is there an easy way (besides samba) to send a file from a unix server to a win98 machine across a network. I am on a SCO server and need to send the file to a windows machine so the program on the machine does not keep on looking for it on my server. It checks for a new file every couple of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umpi_97
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file from Windows to Unix automatically

Hi, Is there a way to ftp file from windows to Unix directory by using crontab to set up a job ? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send a trigger file from Unix to Windows

I need to send a file from a Unix box to a Windows sever to kick off a Crystal Reports job. Any good ideas how to do this? Can it be done with FTP? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robw95
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp the latest file from unix to windows

Hi, I have a ftp script to ftp files from unix to windows. Now i need to pull the latest file from unix to windows. It is not working. ftp -nvi $SERVER > ${FILE_DIR}/NavigationftpLog << EOD user $USER $PWD lcd $FILE_DIR echo "the local directory is $FILE_DIR" cd $Remote_PATH echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer from windows to unix using ftp

Hi all, I have a file in windows, example a.txt **** aaa bbb ccc <empty line> when i transfer this file to unix using ftp, and viewed the file # vi a.txt aaa bbb ccc # I dont get the empty line which i specified in that file in windows. Please help me, which in unix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for ftp a file from unix to windows server

I have a problem with ftp. i want to ftp a file "file.txt" from unix box to windows server. The destination folder is something like this: "\\windowsservername\apps\is\" FTPUSER=ftp1 FTPPASS=**** ftp -v -d -n > ftplog <<!EOF open windowsservername user $FTPUSER $FTPASS cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp an excel file from windows to unix

Hi all.. Please help me on below requirement. I have an excel file ftped from windows to unix location. I am not able to open the file. if i am opening it in vi editor, i am getting only junk characters. I have to make the excel file as .csv file and read the data to put some business... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send file from windows to UNIX daily?

Hi All! I am trying to write a little script that should go to a windows server get one file and put on a unix server, but I am not sure if it is the right way please help: #! /usr/bin/sh HOST=10.100.48.41 USER=ftp_hm PASSWD=P@$$w0rd ftp -n $HOST quote user $USER quote pass $PASSWD... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP XLSX file from UNIX to windows

Hi, Could someone suggest me how to FTP a xlsx file from unix to windows. I can able to transfer xls file from unix to windows successfully. But if i transfer the xlsx file im not able to open, it through error like "The file format or file extension is not valid" Thanks Rathna (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rathnakumar
4 Replies
Net::Time(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  Net::Time(3perl)

NAME
Net::Time - time and daytime network client interface SYNOPSIS
use Net::Time qw(inet_time inet_daytime); print inet_time(); # use default host from Net::Config print inet_time('localhost'); print inet_time('localhost', 'tcp'); print inet_daytime(); # use default host from Net::Config print inet_daytime('localhost'); print inet_daytime('localhost', 'tcp'); DESCRIPTION
"Net::Time" provides subroutines that obtain the time on a remote machine. inet_time ( [HOST [, PROTOCOL [, TIMEOUT]]]) Obtain the time on "HOST", or some default host if "HOST" is not given or not defined, using the protocol as defined in RFC868. The optional argument "PROTOCOL" should define the protocol to use, either "tcp" or "udp". The result will be a time value in the same units as returned by time() or undef upon failure. inet_daytime ( [HOST [, PROTOCOL [, TIMEOUT]]]) Obtain the time on "HOST", or some default host if "HOST" is not given or not defined, using the protocol as defined in RFC867. The optional argument "PROTOCOL" should define the protocol to use, either "tcp" or "udp". The result will be an ASCII string or undef upon failure. AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-30 Net::Time(3perl)